Community

Links used in this discussion
Jackie Eddingfield, User (Posts: 3)
Feb 11, 2021 12:39:09 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
My host computer is on. I have uninstalled/reinstalled my viewer. My viewer is still saying offline?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Feb 11, 2021 3:53:53 pm EST
Hello Jackie,

Thank you for your message.

Before we can proceed to further troubleshooting please try referring to this tutorial that provides information on the most common issues that might cause Internet-ID connectivity issues and provides solutions for them.

Please let us know if the solutions in the tutorial above did not help and the issue persists.
Feb 14, 2021 2:39:19 pm EST
I have tried all of that.
Feb 15, 2021 9:01:19 am EST
Please help!
Feb 15, 2021 11:22:34 am EST
Hello Jackie,

Could you please let me know which version of Remote Utilities do you use on both sides of the connection?

In addition, could you please provide us the log files for examination. It would be helpful if you could send us both Host and Viewer logs. Host logs are located in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\.
In order to obtain the Viewer logs please follow this guide.
You can send us the log files to support@remoteutilities.com. Please do not publish the logs on the forum as they're considered to be personal information.

Looking forward to your reply.
Nicholas Dunn, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 18, 2021 7:20:23 am EST
Afternoon,

I am experiencing a similar problem. Everything was working fine last week but now all my connections are showing offline. I have 4 different connections and all are showing as offline.

I have re-installed the viewer and checked the host connection which show ready for connection. I can connect to these computers via  [censored] but I far prefer Remote Utilities.

The problem appears to be with the viewer. I have checked anti-virus but it has not been updated since for a month.

Please help.

Thank you
Feb 18, 2021 9:54:06 am EST
Hello Nicholas,

Could you please let me know what version of Remote Utilities do you use? In addition please let me know if all of the Hosts that are showing offline are located in the same network? If this is the case, then could you please try connecting to a remote Host in another network?

Last but not least, please try the following:
1. Fully exit the Viewer File -> Exit.
2. Locate the file config_4.xml in the C:\Users\[Your_username]\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Files\ folder.
Please note that the AppData folder might be hidden by default in which case you need to enable "Hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer settings.
3. Remove the config_4.xml file from that folder (you can simply move it to another folder, just in case).
This will reset the Viewer settings. Your address books won't be affected by this action.
4. Run the Viewer and register it with your license key once again.
5. See if you're able to connect to any of the remote Hosts or if they are showing online.

Looking forward to your reply.
Feb 19, 2021 5:02:42 am EST
Afternoon

Thank you for your response.

I am using Viewer 6.10

I have 4 connections and all are showing as offline. The connections are located in different geographical areas and are not on the same network.

I have tried deleting the config_4.xml file but it still does not seem to work.

Everything was working perfectly 10 days ago and I dont know what could have changed.
Feb 19, 2021 8:41:49 am EST
Hello Nicholas,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please double-check and see if your remote Hosts are still showing offline and you cannot connect to them? We've found a minor issue on our servers that has affected the connectivity for older versions of Remote Utilities, so perhaps, your Hosts might have been affected as well.
However, we've already fixed this issue. Could you please try connecting to your remote Hosts once again and see if it works? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if the issue persists.
Feb 20, 2021 3:31:51 am EST
Afternoon

I can confirm that all connections are still showing as offline and will not connect.

I have also tried the following:
- Deactivated AVG anti-virus and tried to connect
- Deactivated all firewalls and tried to connect

Both of these did not resolve the problem and I still could not connect.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)