New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[FIXED] Remote connection drops after upgrade to 7.0 - and other issues

Links used in this discussion
Todd Roscoe, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 26, 2021 9:18:20 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
I received the notification of version 7.0 being available today and upgraded my portable client and the hosts.  I've noticed three issues I haven't resolved yet and would appreciate any advice:

1.  I used to use Fullscreen Stretch which used to bring the screen up filling my screen and very readable.  However, on 7.0 most of my clients will come up with a very small screen if I log in.  I've been able to make it fullscreen stretch by either switching the view mode out and back into the setting or minimizing the window and then clicking on the icon to bring it back to the desktop.  However, I then noticed quite a bit of lost connections which is my next issue.

2.  All my connections except one are on my local network which is gigabit ethernet and I have a gigabit internet connection.  After connecting to a client I've experienced dropped connections.  The connection will reestablish but is disruptive.  It seemed to occur more often when using Fullscreen Stretch video mode.

3.  On an older Athlon with a separate video card the color has now degraded to what appears to be a lower resolution.  This did not occur prior to the update.  After an initial login and loss of connection, I reconnect to the login screen.  The color appears normal on the screen until I log in at which point it degrades again.
Andy Jackson, User (Posts: 7)
Feb 27, 2021 1:32:52 am EST
same issue here. an update to 7 was recommend. i was then required to install a license key. remote host updates were done to 7 also. -- now the remote connection is reset ever minute or so, it recovers in a few seconds but it is annoying.
Michał Kokociński, User (Posts: 8)
Feb 27, 2021 4:22:18 am EST
Support level: Starter
Hello I have the issue with dropping connection too. Waiting for response from support (ticket opened). It's not possible to work with this problem.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 27, 2021 4:23:54 am EST
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for  your feedback. We are currently examining the issue. Could you please send us your host logs to support@remoteutilities.com ? You can locate the Host log in C:\Program Files(x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\

Thanks.
Michał Kokociński, User (Posts: 8)
Feb 27, 2021 4:25:46 am EST
Support level: Starter
Hello
You can find my logs in my ticket: #3951

Michal
Feb 27, 2021 5:22:38 am EST
We have found the possible cause for the issue (yes, it's on the Host side) and fix it within 24 hours.
Arman Aminloo, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 27, 2021 7:49:54 am EST
After 7.0 upgrade out license changed to 1 free 10 user license and I changed it back to the paid license and it still shows a 10 user free version.
Andy Jackson, User (Posts: 7)
Feb 27, 2021 9:18:45 am EST

Conrad Sallian wrote:

We have found the possible cause for the issue (yes, it's on the Host side) and fix it within 24 hours.

wow! this level of responsiveness and support on a free and fabulous product is unprecedented in my experience :)
Edited:Andy Jackson - Feb 27, 2021 9:21:10 am EST
Todd Roscoe, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 27, 2021 10:28:21 am EST
Thanks, looking forward to the update.  

I did figure out the license issue others mention by accident - created an account and attempted to recover my key only to be informed one didn't exist so I requested one and received it.  The prior key was .txt.  I then found this page which notes it at the top as this was the first time for me to update hosts.  https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/updating-remote-utilities/#Method_1:_Automatic  idk if something like this would happen again, but I'd suggest maybe a What's new Popup or link upon installation to essential information.  If there was one, I missed it.
Feb 27, 2021 11:34:17 am EST
Hello Todd,

We'll update the documentation these days as needed. Also, we enabled site-wide notification about the upgrade. But for now we turned if off temporarily until we fix the bug in question.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)