New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

RU Server 3.0 & screen savers

Christ Rodrigues, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 26, 2021 10:26:04 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
i recently updated viewer & host software to vers 7.0 as well as received and updated my new license key on my computers; some win 8.1 and some win 10.  the server software vers 3.0 is installed on a win 8.1 64-bit laptop.  i noticed connection issues that i never experienced with server vers 2.7.  
a connection would be made but had no control over the host computer despite full control mode being active.  this would happen after the host computer went to screen saver mode.  and the connection would not deactivate the screen saver.  this happens to both win 8.1 and win 10 computers.

i have since reverted back to using server vers 2.7, still using viewer vers 7.0 & host vers 7.0  and have not had the issue.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 26, 2021 4:52:03 pm EST
Hello Christ,

Thank you for your message.

We'll test this out to see if we can reproduce the issue and implement a fix for it in our future updates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll keep you updated on the issue.
Michał Kokociński, User (Posts: 8)
Mar 01, 2021 6:03:44 am EST
Support level: Starter
I would like to confirm that this bug is still present in 7.0.0.1.
Were you able to reproduce the issue? It's annoying that before full control connection I have to go to "power management" and set "switch display on". It is the only workaround I found.
Mar 01, 2021 8:34:16 am EST
Hello Michał,

Thank you for the update on this.

We'll test this out additionally with the latest 7.0.0.1 version to see if we can reproduce the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll keep you updated on the issue.
moonslice, User (Posts: 23)
Mar 17, 2021 1:46:33 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I have this problem too with 7.0.0.1 - when the screen saver on the remote PC is on, I can't connect using Full Control.

Everything was fine on old version.

(I can connect to File Transfer, but that doesn't do me any good.)
Edited:moonslice - Mar 17, 2021 1:47:36 pm EDT
Mar 17, 2021 3:47:50 pm EDT
Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that this is a known issue and it will be fixed in the upcoming version 7.0.0.2 which due this week. Meanwhile, you can try the following workaround:
While in the Full Control window right-click on the tab with the connection and use the Send key command (e.g. send Alt + PrtScr). This will unlock the remote screen, so you will be able to connect to the remote Host.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)