Community

Auto-ping option - state not indicated.

Links used in this discussion
Dax Liniere, User (Posts: 17)
Mar 20, 2021 11:21:46 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Conrad,
I just spotted the auto-ping feature. Great idea. I presume it sends regular pings to update the green tick/red X status? (system online)

I selected the Enable option, but when I look again at the setting, there is no indication that the Enable option is selected.
Is this a GUI bug?

All the best,
Dax.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Mar 22, 2021 5:10:33 pm EDT
Hello Dax,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, you are absolutely right, the Auto-ping feature works the same way as manual ping except the ping is performed automatically at regular intervals that you can specify. However, please note that the Auto-ping feature only works for Direct connection, i.e. it won't work for the Internet-ID connection, since the Host is not directly accessible for Viewer. For more information on the Auto-ping feature please also refer to this page.

I selected the Enable option, but when I look again at the setting, there is no indication that the Enable option is selected.
Is this a GUI bug?

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue - the checkbox stays selected when re-opening the connection properties window. Could you please clarify what version of Remote Utilities do you use? Have you enabled the feature for some specific connection only or in the Default connection properties window?

Looking forward to your reply.
David Silvera, User (Posts: 16)
Mar 22, 2021 8:55:47 pm EDT
Hi Polina,
Since he mentioned if it was a GUI bug, I think he might be referring to the Auto Ping menu option, and not the Auto Ping in the Properties window. Think he is saying there is no indication in the menu option to show whether the Auto Ping is Enabled or Disabled.
Auto-ping option - state not indicated. - 22 Mar 2021 08:53:13
Mar 23, 2021 10:14:33 am EDT
Hello David,

Thank you for your input.

Dax, could you please let us know if you meant the Auto-ping command in the menu option as David said? If this is the case, then please note that after you enable the Auto-ping feature from the context menu when right-clicking on the connection entry, then you can additionally check if the Auto-ping option is already enabled in the Connection Properties window on the Auto ping tab.

Hope that helps.
Mar 24, 2021 5:51:55 pm EDT
Hi Polina and David!
Yes, I am referring to the context menu, not the settings window.

The Enable/Disable options should use a radio button style of indicating status in the context menu (or a tick would be good, too).

All the best,
Dax.
Mar 25, 2021 3:46:22 pm EDT
Hello Dax,

Thank you for the clarification.

I'll forward this to our development department for a review to see if we can fix how the feature in the context menu is displayed in our future updates.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Mar 26, 2021 6:22:00 pm EDT
Thank you!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)