New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Task Manager not showing anything

Links used in this discussion
Donn Edwards, User (Posts: 10)
Mar 28, 2021 7:57:22 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I can connect to the remote host with full control, and open the task manager on the actual server without any problems. But if I use the "other modes" button to go to Task Manager, or try a Task Manager connection from the viewer, I get an empty task manager, as shown in the screen shot below.

This problem has been with version 7.0.0.1 through 7.0.0.3. Am I doing something wrong? If I connect to the host on the same PC as the viewer, the Task Manager mode works perfectly.
Attached Files
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 28, 2021 8:54:23 am EDT
Hi Donn,

Thank you for your message.

We tried to reproduce this behavior but couldn't. The TaskManager window shows in both cases - on the localhost as well as via a remote host connection.

Have you updated both VIewer and Host to version 7003? If so, please , try resetting the Viewer configuration file (i.e. delete config_4.xml found in %appdata%) and see if it helps.
Mar 28, 2021 1:12:24 pm EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Have you updated both VIewer and Host to version 7003? If so, please , try resetting the Viewer configuration file (i.e. delete config_4.xml found in %appdata%) and see if it helps.

Both viewer and host are version 7.0.0.3. I deleted the config_4.xml file wich was 36k and the new one is much smaller. Still no change. A new host that I added today using 7.0.0.3 is also doing the same thing.

I have placed a copy of the "faulty" config file (from the backup folder) here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrrkxmosdaj71yw/2021-03-28_config_4.zip?dl=1
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 28, 2021 1:41:42 pm EDT
Hi Donn,

It looks like the Task Manager mode may have been disallowed in the Host settings on the remote side. Could you please check that?

Task Manager not showing anything - 28 Mar 2021 01:41:37
Mar 29, 2021 7:17:50 am EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Hi Donn,

It looks like the Task Manager mode may have been disallowed in the Host settings on the remote side. Could you please check that?

Hi Conrad. Thanks for being so willing to help. All the boxes were checked. I have disabled chat and RDP, but the rest are as per the screen shot below. The changes didn't make any difference, even after restarting the host program.

The server shown is running Windows Server 2019 Datacenter, but the other one with the same issue is running Windows 8.1, so it doesn't appear to be linked to the OS.

Anything else I can try?
Attached Files
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 29, 2021 6:20:26 pm EDT
Hello Donn,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward the issue to our development department and ask for their input on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll get back to you with their reply shortly.
Mar 31, 2021 6:29:07 pm EDT
Hello Donn,

Thank you for your patience.

Could you please let me know what authentication method do you use when connecting to the remote Hosts where the issue with the blank Task Manager window occurs? Is it the same method for both Hosts?

Looking forward to your reply.
Apr 01, 2021 5:42:15 am EDT
Hi Polina
I am using Single Password authentication on the two machines that don't show the Task Manager, and on the machine where it works fine. One of the machines where it doesn't work uses a direct connection since it is a hosted server with a fixed IP address. The other two use public Internet-ID connections since they work behind NAT firewalls on WiFi.

I am happy to try out any setting changes you may wish to recommend.

Thanks for your assistance
Donn
Apr 01, 2021 5:20:04 pm EDT
Hello Donn,

I'll forward this information to our developers once again.

I'll get back to you with an update on the issue shortly.
May 04, 2021 10:54:21 pm EDT

Polina wrote:

Hello Donn,

I'll forward this information to our developers once again.

I'll get back to you with an update on the issue shortly.

Your developers have fixed this issue in 7.0.1.0. Please pass on my thanks to everyone concerned. I really enjoy using this program and have recommended a 150 user license to my boss.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)