New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Address book server not available?

Links used in this discussion
Andreas Lehmann, User (Posts: 20)
Apr 07, 2021 9:53:24 am EDT
As of today I have a problem with the cloud address books version 7.00.3. I can log in as normal, but the address book server cannot be reached or is offline !?

"Action cannot be carried out. The synchronization server is unreachable or offline."

How can I persuade the address book server to work together?
Attached Files
Address book server not available?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Apr 07, 2021 11:29:48 am EDT
Hello Andreas,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let me know if your RU Server is updated to the latest version 3.0.0.1 as well? In addition, could you please clarify if you use RU Server as a sync server only or if it also doubles as a relay server/auth server? Last but not least, please let me know if you have any antivirus software installed on the machine with RU Server?

Looking forward to your reply.
Andreas Lehmann, User (Posts: 20)
Apr 08, 2021 5:07:23 am EDT
I deleted the "old" address books, after which the address server was recognized again and the address books were synchronized again.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Apr 08, 2021 9:26:41 am EDT
Hello Andreas,

I'm glad to hear you were able to figure out the issue and it works for you now!

I deleted the "old" address books, after which the address server was recognized again and the address books were synchronized again.

Perhaps, the address book file that was stored on your Viewer machine was somehow damaged or corrupted, which might have caused the issue.

Please let us know if the issue occurs once again or if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)