New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Blank host screen feature does not work

Links used in this discussion
Kaelyn C, User (Posts: 11)
Apr 21, 2021 6:34:46 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I am using version 7.0.0.3 for both viewer & host. I am not sure whether it is due to the updating of host version, the blank host screen feature is not working
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 21, 2021 2:24:39 pm EDT
Hello Kaelyn,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue? Please make sure to restart Host after enabling the feature in order for the settings to be applied.

Please let us know if this worked for you.
Apr 21, 2021 9:49:35 pm EDT
Dear Polina,

I am using the Use legacy capture mode feature but the blank host screen feature is not working.

Thank you
Edited:Kaelyn C - Apr 22, 2021 7:45:23 am EDT
Apr 22, 2021 5:32:49 pm EDT
Hello Kaelyn,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please also let me know the following:
1. Does the issue occur only when connecting to one specific Host or to any Host at all?
2. Do you enable the "Blank Host screen" feature from the Connection Properties window or by invoking the properties window from the Toolbar in the Full Control and View mode?

Looking forward to your reply.
Apr 23, 2021 12:57:14 am EDT
Hi Polina,

1. I installed remote utilities host on & tried connecting to one computer only.
2. I enabled the feature from both connection properties windows. I also tried disabling & re-enabling the "Blank Host Screen" feature by invoking the properties window from the Toolbar

Thank you
Apr 23, 2021 4:47:27 pm EDT
Hello Kaelyn,

Thank you for the clarification.

I've just tried to reproduce the issue and the "Blank Host screen" feature works as expected, expect for the fact that it took a couple more seconds longer to blank the remote screen after enabling the feature for a Host with the "Use legacy capture mode" enabled. Could you please try disabling the "Use legacy capture mode" feature and see if blanking the remote screen works this way? Please make sure to restart Host after disabling the "Legacy capture mode" feature.

In addition, in case if the above does not help, please let me know what happens after you enable the "Blank Host screen" feature - does the remote screen not go dark at all or does it go dark but you still can see the mouse pointer?

Apr 24, 2021 7:50:59 am EDT
Hi Polina,

I tried disabling the "Use legacy capture mode" feature & restarted my host computer. I also tried to re-enable the feature but the "blank host screen" feature is still not working.

When I try to apply the "Blank host screen" setting, the host log shows that there is cascade error - Wrong iconnectkind - 272908484. May I know what is the error?

May I also check with you what is relay node redirect?

Thank you.
Attached Files
Blank host screen feature does not work
Edited:Kaelyn C - Apr 24, 2021 7:52:02 am EDT
Apr 26, 2021 10:07:31 am EDT
Hello Kaelyn,

Thank you for the update on this.

Could you please let me know the following information:
1. What specific OSs are used on both - Host and Viewer machines?
2. In addition, please double-check if your graphics card drivers are updated to the latest version available and yes, please also let me know what specific graphics card is used on the Host machine.
3. Last but not least, please let me know if you have any antivirus/security software installed on the remote Host machine? If yes, then have you tried adding Host to its exception list as described here?
I'll forward these details to our developers and will ask for their input on this issue.

Wrong iconnectkind - 272908484 error entry means that something is modifying the traffic from time to time - for example, it might be your router or some kind of privacy software.
As for the "relay node redirect" entry - I will also check on this with our developers and will get back to you with their reply.

Apr 27, 2021 7:31:59 am EDT
Hi Polina,

Thank you for your assistance.

1) Both viewer & host machines are using Windows 10, 62-bit operating systems.
2) The graphics card driver is updated to the latest version available. The host machine is using Intel® UHD Graphics 630.
3) Yes, there is an antivirus software installed in the host computer. However, I am not able to change the settings as I do not have administrative rights.

Thank you.
Edited:Kaelyn C - Apr 27, 2021 7:59:17 am EDT
Apr 27, 2021 3:20:30 pm EDT
Hello Kaelyn,

Thank you for the provided details.

I will forward this information to our developers and will ask them for their input on this issue.

I'll get back to you with an update on this shortly.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)