Community

Site does not generate correct RSS feeds?

Links used in this discussion
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
May 13, 2021 3:32:21 am EDT
A colleague pointed out that a new version came out. Again feedly does not show it, even though the feed is set to the https link of the page.

Something seems broken there...
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
May 13, 2021 8:37:47 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for letting us know.

I'll forward this information to our webmaster once again and will ask them to investigate this further. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I will let you know once it's fixed or if there are any other updates on this issue.
May 14, 2021 5:54:56 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked with our webmaster on this issue - it seems like the issue might be on Feedly's side as we can see that on our side everything is updating properly. We've also tried limiting the number of elements to 10 but, unfortunately, this did not solve the issue with Feedly.

Here's what Feedly's own documentation says on this:

For Basic accounts, the max polling time can vary between 30min to 1 day depending on how popular the site is and how often it publishes.

In this case, especially, since there are no specific errors shown for our content on Feedly's side but the content is not updated on Feedly, we assume that the issue is somewhere on their side. Unfortunately, seems like "Basic" users cannot contact their technical support, but if you have a paid plan on Feedly and especially if you have other subscriptions through Feedly and they work properly, then we recommend that you contact their technical support directly and ask them to investigate the issue. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee how other services work, nor do we have any control over it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
May 15, 2021 5:08:13 am EDT
Thank you for the detailed accounting of the issue. I could not see the update on May 13th. It's been more than one day since I last tried though and the update still does not show up. This definitely seems like a feedly issue, since a day has passed and the update does still not show up.

Granted, according to feedly, only one other person has subscribed to this feed. Still according to them, one day would be the maximum to re-fetch information from the site. Not sure if some https caching here is at play.
May 17, 2021 9:12:32 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for the update on this.

Yes, our webmaster confirmed the issue occurring somewhere on Feedly's side as well. Perhaps, you could consider switching to another aggregator app, if possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have more questions or need our further assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)