New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Nijel Terry, User (Posts: 55)
Sep 02, 2021 4:59:41 pm EDT
Hi Polina,

Is there a way for me to use my Pro license on linux?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 02, 2021 5:14:43 pm EDT
Hello Nijel,

Yes, of course. Please try opening the License Key Storage by navigating to the Help section -> License Key Storage on the Viewer's toolbar. In the opened key storage window you can register your Viewer by drag-and-dropping your license key to the storage window or by locating the license key file manually.

Hope that helps.
Nijel Terry, User (Posts: 55)
Sep 06, 2021 5:48:32 pm EDT
Hi Polina,

I don't have a license key file, I have a license key in the form of text in a word document. Is there a way I can use this?

EDIT:  I believe my license was purchased during version 6 of Remote Utilities if that helps.

EDIT:  I figured it out! I upgraded my v6 license to v7 at https://www.remoteutilities.com/buy/upgrade-form.php
Edited:Nijel Terry - Sep 06, 2021 6:00:13 pm EDT
Sep 07, 2021 8:43:11 am EDT
Hello Nijel,

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, in order to register Viewer for Mac/Linux you need to use the license key for the latest version of Remote Utilities 7.0.2.0 (i.e. the one that is stored in the *rlicense format file). However, I'm gad to hear you've already figured out the issue and was able to register your Viewer for Linux!

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Amy Siener, User (Posts: 1)
Sep 22, 2021 3:26:51 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Is there only the Beta viewer for Remote Utilities for MAC. The trial has expired and I have not been able to find access. The message I receive notes the trial has expired and to update license key in License Key Storage but I have not been able to find a way to do that step.
Sep 22, 2021 5:30:42 pm EDT
Hello Amy,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that we've already updated Viewer for Mac/Linux and the latest version 1.0.10.q Beta 10 is available for download on this page.
Please note that the licensing in the latest version works the same way as in Viewer for Windows, i.e. you can use Viewer for Mac/Linux in trial mode for 30 days after which you need to register your Viewer with your license key as described in this tutorial. You can either use your existing license key that was already used to register Viewer for Windows or, in case if you don't have a license key yet, you can generate a free license key using this form.

Hope that helps.
Peter Dulong, User (Posts: 9)
Jan 16, 2022 5:52:45 pm EST
I was wondering When the Host Program will be available for Linux?

Peter
Jan 17, 2022 12:02:41 pm EST
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your message.

Currently we hope that to release Host/Agent for Mac and Linux OSs within the first half of this year. However, please note that this ETA is only approximate since Host/Agent for Mac/Linux are still in development.
We'll do our best to make Host/Agent for Mac/Linux available for our users as soon as possible as it is among our highest priorities.

Hope that helps.
Guy Moore, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 17, 2022 7:58:58 pm EDT
Hello, I am using the Mac version of viewer. I can only connect to some of the remote windows machines we have and not all of them. On a windows machine I can connect to all of the remote machines. What do I need to to to get all machines to be available?
Thanks
Guy
Guy Moore, User (Posts: 2)
Mar 17, 2022 7:59:52 pm EDT
Also the ones that I can't get to are listed as Offline/Unknown on the Mac client.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)