New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] Host and Agent availability for Linux and Mac

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 19, 2021 1:30:44 pm EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked on the ETA for Host/Agent for Mac/Linux with our developers - we do plan to release it within this year, but unfortunately, there's no more specific ETA on it yet. However, we'll make sure to update all our users once Host/Agent for Mac/Linux is available. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Please let me know if you have more questions.
Brad Mustin, User (Posts: 21)
Apr 30, 2021 11:57:29 am EDT
When you release the linux support, will it support arm for RaspberryPi?
Apr 30, 2021 1:17:34 pm EDT
Hello Brad,

Thank you for your message.

For now we plan to release Host/Agent for Mac/Linux only. However, we might add additional support for arm based OSs some time later. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any specific ETA on this yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Allan Hall, User (Posts: 43)
Feb 17, 2022 12:08:46 pm EST
So three years now, no host/agent for Mac or Linux. Lack of this feature (mainly Mac) really crimps my business I am trying to run with your software. As a tech, I can run a viewer on pretty much any OS, I have multiple Windows versions, multiple Mac versions, and multiple Linux distros/versions all available for ME to use. Unfortunately, none of that helps me remote IN to a client's Mac or Linux PC so I can assist them.

I can't speak for anyone else, but without that support I can not justify upgrading my license because version 7 offers me absolutely nothing I need vs version 6. On the other hand, if version 7 had Mac host/agent support (Linux would be nice too but not required) I would not only upgrade from 6 to 7, but I would happily pay FULL PRICE instead of the upgrade fee.
Feb 17, 2022 3:01:32 pm EST
Hello Allan,

We appreciate your support and feedback. Unfortunately, Host and Agent for Mac/Linux are still in development. However, we're doing our best to make them available as soon as possible - hopefully, we will be able to release Host/Agent for Mac/Linux by the end of the first half of this year as it's also amongst our highest priorities at the moment.
Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
May 04, 2022 12:17:03 am EDT
Are you still on schedule to release by the end of June? The end of next month? Please? Pretty please? Like it has been YEARS since this was "a priority". I have my upgrade money ready!
May 04, 2022 10:42:57 am EDT
Hello Allan,

We apologize for keeping everyone waiting for so long. Unfortunately, there were some delays in the release due to the fact that we've decided to use more advanced framework (which has made the development process longer, but will ultimately make the product better and more reliable). I've checked with our developers and, according to them, we plan to release a first test version of Host for Mac/Linux in a few weeks and a final stable version of Viewer for Mac/Linux by the end of this year.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
May 04, 2022 11:06:47 am EDT
Sure, next question: How do I get involved with testing the Mac/Linux version? I have multiple Mac and Linux VMs and physical machines I can test it on. I have plenty of experience with beta testing all the way back to IBM in their OS/2 program so I think I could make some contributions. Let's get this ball rolling!
May 04, 2022 3:50:56 pm EDT
Hello Allan,

Unfortunately, we don't provide our software for testing privately. However, we will provide a beta version of Host/Agent for Mac/Linux for open testing - it will be publicly available on our website for everyone to download, test and provide feedback (pretty much like with Viewer for Linux/Mac).

Hope that helps.
May 04, 2022 4:09:49 pm EDT
That is excellent! You can post here when it is available and I will come running ;-)

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)