New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] Host/Agent for Linux (alpha preview)

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 16, 2023 11:07:35 am EDT
Hello Oldřich,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean a stable release of Host/Agent for Mac/Linux? If this is the case, then unfortunately, we can't provide any approximate ETA on this for now, since we plan to first release a few beta versions with additional features/possible bug fixes. We'll definitely do our best to make it available as soon as we can.

Let us know if you have more questions.
Oldřich Fridrich, User (Posts: 11)
Mar 16, 2023 1:00:03 pm EDT
Heloo,
thank you for the quick reply. So I'll wait :-)
Good luck in your work and may you be successful...
snk-nick, User (Posts: 59)
May 22, 2023 5:50:45 am EDT
So just some feedback about what would make this useful for myself:

1. Headless install (vital, as 99%+ of the linux machines I manage are servers without a GUI).
2. Remote command line.
3. Internet-ID.

Anything else would just be a nice to have, but being able to pull up console access from RU for linux servers would be huge.
May 22, 2023 11:59:14 am EDT
Hello,

We appreciate your feedback. These features will be available in further beta version releases or in the final stable release, since Host for Linux should eventually have all the same features as Host for Windows.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Guillermo B, User (Posts: 3)
May 24, 2023 11:22:48 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Dear good morning, I hope you are very well

I am trying to install the host on a Raspbian OS and I am having difficulties. I would need your great help. I detail:

1. I download the installation file host1.0.12.b12.tar.xz OK
2. I install the necessary packages without problems:

sudo apt-get install -y libx11-xcb1 libxfixes3 libxtst6 libxcb-shm0 libxdamage1 libgtkglext1 libx11-6 libxcb-xinerama0 libxcb1 xdg-utils

3. I make the change to X11 without problem:

sudo systemctl set-default graphical.target

4. I unzip the tar.xz file and get a file called "Host" with no extension:

tar Jxvf host1.0.12.b12.tar.xz

5 . But I couldn't complete the installation through different commands. How can I continue the installation and run the file obtained? What would be the correct commands?

Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.
Kind regards.-
May 24, 2023 1:41:54 pm EDT
Hello Guillermo,

I've just checked with our developers on this. Please note that in order to install Host for Linux, you need to simply unzip the file and then run it - the installation will continue automatically and there's no need to use any commands when installing Host for Linux.

Hope that helps.
May 26, 2023 8:47:56 pm EDT
Hello, I hope you are well

Thanks for your kind reply. I am new to this and obviously I am making a basic mistake. Detail:

To the "Host" file, I right clicked and select "Run", nothing happens. What would be the correct instructions to run the file on a Raspbian OS? I tried a 32 bit and a 64 bit.

Thank you for your help in this matter.
Kind regards.-
May 29, 2023 7:49:49 pm EDT
Hello Guillermo,

Could you please clarify if you’re able to launch the installation file by double-clicking it or by selecting the file and hitting the Enter key on your keyboard?

Looking forward to your reply.
Bill Allen, User (Posts: 16)
May 30, 2023 3:36:09 pm EDT
This is great news!
Jun 05, 2023 5:42:16 pm EDT
Hello, I hope you are well.

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay.

Starting the setup file by double-clicking or selecting it and then pressing the Enter key does not start the application but creates a file with a strange name and format in the directory. print is attached

Thanks and regards
Attached Files
Host/Agent for Linux (alpha preview)

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)