New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
john kumpf, User (Posts: 82)
Apr 11, 2023 7:21:04 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Another good thing: when my macbook goes to sleep, and I wake it up, Rut viewer automatically reconnects to the hosts I was connected to, prompting me for the password.

That's good!
Apr 11, 2023 7:24:11 pm EDT
One more thing: my remote cursor is not rendering.

I have local cursor set to point.

And remote cursor set to always. However no matter what setting combination, the remote cursor is not rendering. I'm not sure yet if this is on every remote machine.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 11, 2023 8:03:18 pm EDT
Hello John,

Could you please verify that the issue with the cursor occurs only on one specific Host or if it occurs always regardless of the Host you’re connecting to?

Looking forward to your reply.
Apr 14, 2023 4:10:02 pm EDT
It is working now. Don't know what I changed. If it recurs I will post again.
Apr 14, 2023 4:32:52 pm EDT
Hello John,

I'm glad to hear it works for you now!

Feel free to post another message if you have more questions or need our assistance.
Apr 16, 2023 8:37:48 pm EDT
A couple other Shift modifier issues.

File - Open on windows brings up the file dialog box in many applications, eg, Notepad.

Within that dialog box, Tab moves you from input box to input box, whereas Shift+Tab moves your backwards through those same input boxes.

Tab works fine in Mac Viewer.

Shift+Tab however doesn't do anything that I can detect when using Mac Viewer logged into a Windows 10 host.

Similarly, Alt+Tab on Windows cycles through applications in the "Task Switcher" or "App Switcher".

Similarly, Shift+Alt+Tab is supposed to cycle through those apps backwards.

When using Mac Viewer on a Windows 10 host Opt+Tab does bring up the task switcher and cycle through apps. However Shift+Opt+Tab does nothing as far as I can tell.

Till the Mac Viewer is very usable and I'm getting a lot of work done with it.
Apr 17, 2023 11:08:46 am EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for the additional details.

I'll forward your feedback to our developers as well and we will further test this out to see if we can reproduce the same behavior.

Let us know if you have other questions.
Apr 17, 2023 12:00:36 pm EDT
Still (*S*till) the Mac Viewer is very usable and I'm getting a lot of work done with it. Still. Typo. I like the product. I can't see how to edit my previous post (firefox on macbook ventura).
K_ K_, User (Posts: 1)
Jun 26, 2023 6:07:14 am EDT
Hello!

How can I hide this?
Attached Files
Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux
Jun 26, 2023 2:14:23 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that this notification banner is persistent and cannot be hidden or disabled. However, the banner is only displayed when you connect to a remote Host using Viewer registered with a free license key or in trial mode and use Internet-ID connection. Unfortunately we had to implement this banner as an additional security measure against malicious use of the software.
Currently the message can only be removed when connecting to a remote Host via Direct connection or from a Viewer registered with any commercial license (including Starter, Mini, Endpoint and Pro licenses).

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)