New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Keybindings not supported in AppImage

Mi Ke, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 25, 2023 6:48:04 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Using the AppImage to connect my Linux host with a remote Windows session, whenever I press alt+tab KDE registers the keystroke and switches the application locally. None of the suggested keybindings from the documentation work.

CTRL + ALT + F12 switches my view to tty12 and does not send CTRL + ALT + DELETE to the guest.
ALT + TAB cycles through my applications in KDE
Q + ALT + TAB cycles through my applications in KDE
F12 does not do anything, maybe because I don't have a full-screen option available?

When I do press ALT + TAB the remote keyboard comes in a weird state that is only resolved by pressing CTRL + ALT + SHIFT  on the guest to make it respond to keystrokes again. Alternating between right or left ALT button does not make a difference.

Is there a way to fixate key input only to the application similar to what Virtualbox can do with the CTRL key?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 25, 2023 8:12:11 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you're using Host for Windows or Agent for Linux? Does the issue occur in a specific application only or does it occur across different applications in the same manner?

Looking forward to your reply.
Mi Ke, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 26, 2023 1:09:07 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I'm using Linux Viewer to view a Windows remote host session. The keybindings mentioned don't work when Remote Utilities is in focus and are captured by my Linux OS and not by the remote desktop.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 26, 2023 6:19:12 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

I'll forward the issue to our developers - we will try to reproduce it in our environment to see if we're able to implement a fix for this issue in our future updates.

I'll keep you updated on the issue.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)