Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 20, 2023 12:09:02 pm EST
Hello Asaf,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, you should be able to connect to Agent for Mac using Viewer for Windows. Just make sure that all of your Remote Utilities modules are updated to the most recent version since an outdated component or a version mismatch (within the same platform) can sometimes affect performance speed or cause other connectivity issues.

Hope that helps.
Jim Tracey, User (Posts: 20)
Nov 29, 2023 11:45:20 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I just tried to connect to the Linux Agent since updating. My Windows 11 machine using RU Viewer 7.2.2.0 sees the Linux machine (Zorin 16.3) as Online and tries to Authenticate, but says Access denied. I've confirmed the password on both viewer and agent. Both machines were restarted as were, of course, the respective RU apps.
Nov 29, 2023 6:58:14 pm EST
Hello Jim,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please try deleting your Linux Agent fully and downloading the latest Agent file on this page to see if this helps to resolve the issue? In addition, please also try deleting the connection in your address book and creating a new connection for Agent from scratch and see if the issue persists.

Hope that helps.
Nov 29, 2023 8:05:23 pm EST
Hi Pauline,

Unfortunately that didn't work. I also tried changing the password and using a local ip connection to no avail.

Thanks
Nov 29, 2023 8:40:12 pm EST
As an afterthought I tried connecting using my android phone. I connected without a problem.

Hope that helps.
Nov 29, 2023 9:23:43 pm EST
Pauline,

With apologies for multiple posts, I was successful in connecting through my wife's Windows 10 machine. Perhaps this is a Windows 11 issue... I'm at release 23H2 of Windows 11 Pro

Thanks
Nov 30, 2023 2:39:57 pm EST
Hello Jim,

In this case, could you please enable the Viewer log on your Windows 11 machine and try connecting to the Linux Agent once again. If the issue still persists, please send us the Viewer log for examination. You can send it to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Dec 18, 2023 12:03:29 pm EST
Hello,

Beta 17 for Mac and Linux has been released. An issue that would (in some circumstances) cause authentication errors has been fixed.
Martin Yarborough, User (Posts: 6)
Jan 03, 2024 10:28:41 pm EST
Support level: Starter
Hello,
Agent on Linux works pretty good.  I had to write a script to launch at boot on the Linux side to restart the agent.  Will the Host version have a load at startup capability?

You guys are doing a great job!!!!!!!
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 04, 2024 5:29:37 am EST
Hi Martin,

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, Host for Mac/Linux will also be availalbe.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)