Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Glyn Williams, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 09, 2020 9:06:39 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi

I am using the latest beta version for Mac and I regularly see the same issue as Richard. However for I've found that if I kill the window with the spinning circle and start connect the window comes up correctly after a short period of spinning circle. So for me its a minor nuisance rather than a major problem.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Oct 09, 2020 5:02:39 pm EDT
Hello Glyn,

Thank you for your message.

We will be extensively testing this to see what can be done in order to resolve the issue. We'll keep you and Richard updated on the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Richard Stockton, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 12, 2020 12:10:58 pm EDT
Hi Polina,

We have discovered that the problem related to the Mac firewall.  Sorry to have troubled you, but hopefully this will help other users.

Regards, Richard
Oct 12, 2020 1:06:19 pm EDT
Hello Richard,

I'm glad to hear you've figured out the issue and it works for you now!

Could you please let us know what exactly was changed in the firewall settings or if it was just disabling/enabling the firewall that helped to resolve the issue?
It seems that we've managed to reproduce the issue - it was already forwarded to our developers, so they could investigate it further, but it would be helpful if you could provide this additional information.

Looking forward to your reply.
Richard Stockton, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 13, 2020 8:09:03 am EDT
Hi Polina,

The firewall is still on but you can add to allow a specific connection so I selected the Remote Utilities Viewer and it worked.

Regards, Richard
Oct 13, 2020 9:12:27 am EDT
Hello Richard,

Thank you for the provided details!

Hopefully, this will help other users as well if they encounter a similar issue.
I've forwarded this to our development department for further investigation, to see if we can do anything to fix this in our future updates.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Rafael Fabregas, User (Posts: 1)
Nov 01, 2020 4:24:22 pm EST
Hello,
I'm new on this Community forum, so, if I make any stupid question, please forgive me.
I've started to use the Linux beta version and I'm looking forward for new updates with additional features (like file transfer), but my question is related to the Host program for Linux: Is there any estimated date when this program (of course, beta) will be available for testing?
Thanks!
Nov 02, 2020 9:38:15 am EST
Hello Rafael,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a specific ETA on the release of Host for Mac/Linux yet. We hope to release it by the end of this year and will do our best to provide Host for Mac/Linux as soon as we can.

Sorry for keeping you waiting.
Vasilis Lourdas, User (Posts: 19)
Nov 05, 2020 2:42:02 am EST
Hi,

Do you have a ETA implementation for this feature "Address book sync and authorization (Custom Server Security) via RU Server" for Linux and Mac? Especially for Mac, since we have a few users that have Mac.

Thank you.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3023)
Nov 05, 2020 4:37:11 am EST
Hello Vasilis ,

Yes, this feature will be included in the client for Mac/Linux in the final release. ETA is approximately a month or two from now, we are almost ready with version 7.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)