New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
James Higham, User (Posts: 5)
Apr 01, 2021 11:47:42 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I'm eagerly awaiting the new download too! Please hurry and upload....
Nijel Terry, User (Posts: 55)
Apr 01, 2021 2:53:30 pm EDT
https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/viewer1.0.8.b8.tar.gz  worked for me downloading the new Linux Viewer
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 01, 2021 3:42:12 pm EDT
Hello everyone,

I apologize for the delay on this.

This is to inform you that we've uploaded an updated version 1.0.8.q Beta 8 of Viewer for Linux. Indeed, the Mac version was uploaded a little earlier.
Please note that on the Download page for Viewer for Linux you can now download two versions: .deb package that is suitable for Ubuntu, Debian, Mint and other similar Linux builds and the general .gz binary installation package that is suitable for any Linux builds.
This version's free period is extended till June 1, 2021.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Emiliano Javier Colombo, User (Posts: 6)
Apr 08, 2021 10:28:24 am EDT

Polina wrote:

Hello everyone,

I apologize for the delay on this.

This is to inform you that we've uploaded an updated  version 1.0.8.q Beta 8  of Viewer for Linux. Indeed, the Mac version was uploaded a little earlier.
Please note that on the Download page for Viewer for Linux you can now download two versions:  .deb package  that is suitable for Ubuntu, Debian, Mint and other similar Linux builds and the general  .gz binary installation package  that is suitable for any Linux builds.
This version's free period is extended till June 1, 2021.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

It's great to have .deb and .rpm packages!!!
Chapeau!
Aikatsu, User (Posts: 3)
May 01, 2021 11:48:16 pm EDT
@Polina

1. [Bug] There's a trouble with latest and previous .deb packages

Tested latest: viewer_1.0.8.q.deb

Installation:

sudo dpkg -i viewer_1.0.8.q.deb

(Reading database ... 328393 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack viewer_1.0.8.q.deb ...
Unpacking remote-utilities-viewer (1.0-8) over (1.0-8) ...
Setting up remote-utilities-viewer (1.0-8) ...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.24-1ubuntu3) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.64ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) ...
System: Ubuntu 20.04.02 | X11 | Gnome

Remote utitlies viewer doesn't appear in gnome menu and it seems cannot run from terminal "remote-utilities-viewer"

2.  There was a comment on this forum thread about asking snap (for snap store) that suitable for one click installation and applicable for all linux distributions as one build however it seems i cannot find it now or reply about it, may i know why deleted while had a response for that request?
Edited:Aikatsu - May 01, 2021 11:58:27 pm EDT
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 03, 2021 4:27:38 am EDT
Hello Aikatsu,

1. Try searching/running 'r-viewer' instead.

2. Currently we do not provide a one-click installation for all flavors of Linux, but maybe there's an unofficial build.

Hope that helps.
Aikatsu, User (Posts: 3)
May 03, 2021 7:18:26 pm EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:

1. Try searching/running 'r-viewer' instead.

It works but that doesn't appear on gnome menu/ app menu :/

Conrad Sallian wrote:
2. Currently we do not provide a one-click installation for all flavors of Linux, but maybe there's an unofficial build.

It'll be better release viewer and host(upcomin) to snap store (snapcraft); it helps to one-click install as mentioned and helps to auto update the app; another benefit we may able to use beta, edge builds as well due it support to release software under multiple channels
Yann Lieb, User (Posts: 3)
May 04, 2021 11:57:30 am EDT
I am running viewer 1.0.8.q b8 on MacOS 11.3.1, and viewer keeps crashing. Should we expect a more stable version soon ?
Daniel Brown, User (Posts: 6)
May 04, 2021 2:57:27 pm EDT
Under Linux, When I log into my first remote computer with the Viewer (b8), things seem to work fairly well.  Trying to connect to a second almost ALWAYS causes the application to crash.  Sometimes, just connecting to a second computer after closing the first will cause crash also.  This is not an issue in Windows version.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 04, 2021 5:17:17 pm EDT
Hello Yann,

Thank you for your message.

We will test this out to see if we can reproduce the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll keep you updated on the issue.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)