New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] Host and Agent availability for Linux and Mac

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 28, 2020 4:48:38 pm EDT
Hello Aarush,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we never provide pre-beta releases. Sorry about this.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Thomas Hill, User (Posts: 3)
Oct 30, 2020 9:46:52 am EDT
Hello!  Can we please have an update on the status of this project?  

Due to the pandemic, I am replacing still more of our thin clients with Mint machines and need a reliable and secure connection option.
Oct 30, 2020 10:29:31 am EDT
Hello Thomas,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a more specific ETA on the release of Host for Mac/Linux yet. We hope to release it by the end of this year and will do our best to provide Host for Mac/Linux as soon as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Meanwhile, as a temporary alternative, please consider using Host on Linux Mint via Wine - we've previously received feedback from our other users who were successfully using Remote Utilities on Linux machines using Wine.

Hope that helps.
Walt Kuzma, User (Posts: 1)
Nov 04, 2020 8:55:49 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Being a first time poster and user of RemoteUtilities I wanted to say that I am glad I found this program. I have been using another remote desktop program for years until I got tired of them flagging my use as commercial and trying to force me to pay for a monthly subscription. I  was pleasantly surprised to see a free registration that allows both personal and commercial use included in the program. So far I have been using your program for less then a week but have grown to love the ease of use. I understand that a linux host is being worked on and will wait for it's release since one of my computers does contain Ubuntu 18.04 and a host for it will be a plus to me. I for one (1) am glad I found this program.
Nov 05, 2020 4:23:17 pm EST
Hello Walt,

Thank you for your kind words!

We're glad you enjoy using Remote Utilities!

understand that a linux host is being worked on and will wait for it's release since one of my computers does contain Ubuntu 18.04 and a host for it will be a plus to me.

Yes, Host/Agent for Mac/Linux is currently in development. We hope to be able to release it in a month or two.

Please feel free to post another message on our Community Forum if you have more questions or need further assistance. We're happy to help!
Ted Laurent, User (Posts: 3)
Jan 20, 2021 10:21:39 am EST

Aarush Bothra wrote:

Let me know if you need an alpha tester for the Linux agent!!

Same!
Simon Meadows, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 18, 2021 10:40:23 am EDT
Loving RemoteUtilities, just upgraded to 7 to keep supporting development.
Is there any beta or release in sight for the Mac Host/Agent?
If you need beta testers I'd be interested.
Thanks.
Mar 18, 2021 11:14:58 am EDT
Hello Simon,

Thank you for your support!

Yes, we definitely plan to release Host/Agent for Mac/Linux - it's currently in development and we'll do our best to release it as soon as we can. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any specific ETA on this release yet, but the Beta version will be most likely available to the public on our website, just like now we made Beta version of Viewer for Mac/Linux available.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
John Naiker, User (Posts: 1)
Apr 15, 2021 11:07:31 am EDT
Hi there,

I have been lurking the forums for some time now keeping my eye on the development of the mac host/agent. I know that you cannot provide an exact eta as the development process is unpredictable. However, within broad brushstrokes, is this something that you would imagine will be released within 2021? I ask this because if there is some possibility of this, we can hold off on some long term licensing decisions. Thanks, J
Apr 15, 2021 5:54:19 pm EDT
Hello John,

Sure, I've forwarded this question to our development department and asked them if we can provide any approximate ETA on the Host/Agent for Mac/Linux release. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from our developers on this.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)