New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Jun 01, 2021 2:32:23 pm EDT
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience.

This is to inform you that we've released an updated Beta version 1.0.9.q Beta 9 of Viewer for Mac and Linux with an extended free period which is valid till August 1, 2021.

Please make sure to download the newest version of Viewer in order to extend the free period for you Viewer for Mac/Linux. The latest version 1.0.9.q Beta 9 is available for download on this page for Mac and on this page for Linux.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Roger Sijstermans, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 02, 2021 7:50:57 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial

Polina wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience.

This is to inform you that we've released an updated Beta version  1.0.9.q Beta 9  of Viewer for Mac and Linux with an extended free period which is valid till  August 1, 2021 .

Please make sure to download the newest version of Viewer in order to extend the free period for you Viewer for Mac/Linux. The latest version  1.0.9.q Beta 9  is available for download on this page for Mac and on this page for Linux.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks !
Christian Reynolds, User (Posts: 3)
Jun 02, 2021 10:57:42 am EDT
Hello,

I am using the latest 1.0.9.q Beta 9 on both Mac and Linux, as a  [censored] 12 replacement. I'd like to thank you on the quality of the product thus far, and look forward to making a full time transition.

If I may politely ask for a feature: RU connects to my client, and utilizes the full screen.  If I attempt to shrink the window, the scale remains the same... and I get scroll bars to move the window around.  Would it be possible to shrink the text down, so that I may reclaim more screen space?  My line of work often has me observing other systems, and I desire to reduce to say 50% of screen size so that I may have a second or third window open on the same screen.

Thank you for your consideration.

Christian
Jun 02, 2021 12:03:34 pm EDT
Hello Christian,

Thank you for your message.

Would it be possible to shrink the text down, so that I may reclaim more screen space?

Actually, this feature is already available in Viewer for Mac/Linux. In order to shrink the connection window, please do the following:
1. When connected to remote Host in Full Control mode hover the mouse cursor over the the top edge of the connection window to reveal the Toolbar.
2. On the Toolbar click the last icon with three dots to invoke a drop-down menu and select Stretch view.
3. Alternatively, in the Viewer main window right-click on the remote connection and select Properties, then navigate to the Remote Screen mode tab and set the view mode to Stretch.

Hope that helps.
Jun 02, 2021 12:21:00 pm EDT
Polina,

Thank you!  I tried that and it works as advertised.  When I saw "stretch" my mind went to making the text LARGER and not smaller.  I am working the Linux client @ Fedora at the moment.

Christian
Jun 02, 2021 12:41:21 pm EDT
Hello.

Some further observations with the Linux viewer.  I really like that the software remembered the window resize that I configured a few minutes ago.  That is sweet.  But 2 of my windows clients are working through a cellular modem, and sometimes they disconnect.

TV would indicate ... trying to re-connect... and then give up after a minute if the connection was truly lost.  Remote Utilities simply holds the last update, and I have to look to track if the values of the screen are changing or not.  I saw some time stamps on the window, and saw that the screen froze 20 mins or so prior.

Does Remote Utility have any way to detect if the connection drops, and perhaps toss up a warning box?  I would rather have the window pop up with a disconnection notice than to think that I am still properly connected.

Thanks,
Christian
Jun 02, 2021 2:55:45 pm EDT
Hello Christian,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Does Remote Utility have any way to detect if the connection drops, and perhaps toss up a warning box? I would rather have the window pop up with a disconnection notice than to think that I am still properly connected.

Unfortunately, for now a feature that would notify a tech when disconnect occurs is yet to be implemented. However, if disconnection occurs when using Viewer for Windows, then Viewer tries reconnecting to the remote Host and then does notify the tech about connection being interrupted. Therefore, since such feature is already available in Viewer for Windows, we definitely plan to implement it in future updates of Viewer for both Mac and Linux. Thank you for your feedback.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Johnny Krogsgaard, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 01, 2021 5:01:23 am EDT
Is it possible to "Add using code", because I can't seem to find it?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Jul 01, 2021 7:17:55 am EDT
Hello Johnny,

The ability to 'add using code' in Linux/Mac Viewer isn't available yet. We are sorry for that. We'll add that in the final release.

Thanks.
Johnny Krogsgaard, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 01, 2021 7:22:01 am EDT
Ok I see. And is there an ETA for final release?

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)