New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

freeBSD host??

Vertical Solutions, User (Posts: 1)
Oct 19, 2021 6:01:39 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
Any chance that freeBSD could be supported along with Linux development of a host? I don't run any Linux servers and never will, but I would love to be able to administer my servers using remote utilities. I'm a long time unix coder and of course I couldn't know for sure, but I would think a large portion of the code would be re-usable across both operating systems
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 20, 2021 12:14:45 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I'll forward your suggestion to our development department and will ask them if it's be possible to add support for the freeBSD OS in our future updates.

I'll get back to you with an update on this shortly.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 21, 2021 9:24:28 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked on this request with our developers and even though unfortunately we do not have the freeBSD support planned in the nearest plans, we will do our best to add it in the future. An approximate timeline for the freeBSD support might be after the final stable releases of Viewer and Host for Mac/Linux are available, but unfortunately we cannot provide any specific ETA on this yet.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)