New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Dual Monitor Support on Viewer...

Links used in this discussion
John Tao, User (Posts: 4)
Mar 24, 2020 8:27:04 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi, my host has dual monitor setup... how can I have the same Dual monitor display on my viewer side??? I am using the latest version of Remote Utilities... On my viewer screen i can only maximized to one screen, and it automatically scroll over to left/right/up or down when my mouse moves to certain area... It becomes very annoy... It sees the host resolution is larger then the viewer... How can I display to two screen on viewer side maximized no over sized... Any help is greatly appreciated... Thx,
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 25, 2020 12:31:32 pm EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify what View mode is used when you're connecting to the remote Host machine?
Dual Monitor Support on Viewer... - 25 Mar 2020 12:21:54
If you have the Normal or Fullscreen normal view selected, please try switching to the Stretch view or Fullscreen stretch view.

As for the dual-screen issue - could you please clarify if you're able to switch to the Entire desktop value on the toolbar when connected to the remote Host in the Full Control and View mode as on the screenshot below?
Dual Monitor Support on Viewer... - 25 Mar 2020 12:29:29

In addition, if you want to map the remote Host's dual monitors to dual monitors on the Viewer's side respectively - it should be possible to manually stretch the Viewer or Full Control and View window across both monitors. However, we already have the feature that would allow doing this automatically in our wishlist. We will definitely implement this feature in our future updates.

Looking forward to your reply.
Mar 25, 2020 6:37:31 pm EDT
Hi, I will give it another try was having issue using both option...
Mar 26, 2020 10:23:39 am EDT
Hello John,

Of course, please feel free to let us know if this worked for you.

In addition, you might also try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature in the Host settings -> Other tab. Please make sure to restart the Host (right-click on the Host icon -> Restart Host) after enabling the feature.

Let us know if you have more questions.
May 07, 2020 4:16:36 pm EDT
Hi Polina,

How are you???

Just to give you an update on this issue...

I have tried all possible method and the only sort of work is by stretching across both screen... I said sort of work meaning it still moving a little both horizontal and vertical view... When I select either Full View or Stretch View it will automatically default back to single screen on viewer side with scroll bar for both horizontal and vertical side of dual screen... I have also tried to setup two remote session and have each session default to one screen, but that didn't work at all only one screen is available to view... The second screen will stay at initial login screen with no control...

Do you know if the dual screen feature will be available soon as current setting is very cumbersome...

Much appreciated...

Thx
May 08, 2020 11:23:36 am EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for the update on this.

Unfortunately, there's no other way to map your remote monitors to the local ones via Remote Utilities. However, there might be some third-party software that might help with managing multiple monitors.

As for the feature that will allow doing that within Remote Utilities - we will certainly add it in our future updates but, unfortunately, we cannot provide any specific ETA on it yet. Perhaps, it might be implemented sometime next year. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
NEEL PATEL, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 08, 2021 7:37:01 am EST
Support level: Starter
Hi,
In regards to the above mentioned issue regarding viewing dual screen on viewer side can you pls. update if that feature has been updated yet or as mentioned its still in your wish list. If its updated pls. share feature details on how to adjust dual screen on viewer side just as it is on host side.

Thank you,
Neel
Edited:NEEL PATEL - Nov 08, 2021 7:38:31 am EST
Nov 08, 2021 8:12:47 am EST
Hello Neel,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, the auto-mapping feature for multi-monitor configuration hasn't  been implemented yet. You can find the list of all features added in the latest updates in the Release Notes section. As soon as the feature is available in one of the future updates, we will make sure to provide a relevant guide on how to use it in our Documentation section.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide any specific ETA on this feature yet. Sorry if this makes our software less useful for you.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)