Community

Keyboard assignments

Links used in this discussion
David Hester, Guest
Aug 22, 2019 8:50:58 pm EDT
Hello and thanks for the reply.  

I don't see anything in the systray running that points to keyboard software.  If I'm not mistaken (I'm not at that computer until tomorrow) the computer may be using a Logitech keyboard and mouse which may have its own driver.  I can dig into that when I get there....
DAVE
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2853)
Aug 23, 2019 9:38:58 am EDT
Hello David,

Of course, feel free to update us on the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.
David Hester, Guest
Aug 23, 2019 6:16:50 pm EDT
Both the host and viewer are using a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse if that helps.  Just now to get a cap on the words I had to use the caps key.  So the shift key is not working properly.  I have the viewer installed on both machines as I go back and forth from one location to the other.  The enter key is not working either as I try to type a new paragraph.
Edited:David Hester - Aug 23, 2019 6:20:07 pm EDT
David Hester, Guest
Aug 24, 2019 7:27:11 pm EDT
I installed the RU Host on a laptop just now and logged in using one of the computers having the keyboard issue with the hosts on each of those two computers (each have a host and viewer as I regularly go from one location to the other and log in to the other computer).  The WIN7 laptop displayed the same keyboard issues as on the two desktop computers.  This leads me to believe it's not the host operating system because the laptop has no Logitech keyboard attached...
Aug 26, 2019 4:02:29 pm EDT
Hello David,

Thank you for the provided details.

Could you please also clarify if there's any antivirus/firewall software installed on the machines where the issue occurs? Were the Host machines restarted after the Host installation?
Also, here's a relatable Community thread that might be helpful.

Looking forward to your reply.
David Hester, Guest
Aug 27, 2019 9:10:37 am EDT
All machines are using Avast Pro Antivirus.
All machines have been rebooted a few times now.
I'll read the article and get back to you.

THX
DAVE
David Hester, Guest
Aug 27, 2019 9:32:27 am EDT
OK, I got it...
Noticed the Viewer and Host computer have Security Task Manager installed.  It comes with an optional spy monitoring program called Spy Protector that monitors keyboard strokes, mouse activity, macros and registry programs for hackers.  I turned off the monitoring of the mouse and keyboard on both machines and I have my @ key back and my enter key, so I'm sure that was it.  

I'll play around with it later to see if I can fine tune it.
Thanks for your help.
DAVE
Aug 27, 2019 2:24:21 pm EDT
Hello David,

Thank you for the provided details.

Perhaps, the Spy Protector software is exactly what's causing the issue. I also recommend that you add the Host and Viewer installation folders to the Avast Pro exceptions list to avoid future problems.

Please let me know if you have other questions.
Filip Bergelj, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 25, 2022 9:44:12 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello, how can I switch the shortcut for alt+tab, as I much prefer for it to switch back to local PC, instead of switching tabs on the remote PC?
Oct 25, 2022 11:25:56 am EDT
Hello Filip,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to switch the shortcut for Alt+Tab. However, you can use the Q+Alt+Tab shortcut to cycle through windows on your local computer when connected in a remote session. You can also find the full list of all available hotkeys on this page.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)