New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

There is no quick connection option????

Links used in this discussion
TÉCNICO INFORMÁTICA DUCAL, User (Posts: 1)
May 14, 2021 4:43:16 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Good morning,
We are quite interested in your software, we are a computer company that provides remote support to numerous clients.
At the moment, we are testing the version for 10 users (free), and the truth is that we like it a lot, but we have a question.
We are now using TeamVeawer, a client calls us and tells us ID and password and we do the remote control. I have seen that you also have an agent, but when accessing from the Viewer, you have to add the connection, occupying a space in the address book. Does this have to work like this ???

We would like to install the Host only on servers to be able to access without user intervention, but the rest of the teams would like it to be like the teamveawer, you give me ID and password, and at the end of the remote, ready. You don't contemplate this option, do you? We are interested in the version of 2 technicians and 50 computers, but being so, we are forced to think about other options
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 14, 2021 5:38:54 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I have seen that you also have an agent, but when accessing from the Viewer, you have to add the connection, occupying a space in the address book. Does this have to work like this ???

Yes, unfortunately, you need to add any Host/Agent to your address book first in order to connect to it. Since Agent is a module for spontaneous support, the connection entry can be removed from the address book after the remote session is over, so this way you can free up some space in the address book.

you give me ID and password, and at the end of the remote, ready.

Yes, the remote user can run Agent and provide you their Internet-ID code and password - you only need to add the connection entry to your address book and connect to the remote Agent. Please refer to this guide on connecting to a remote machine via Agent.

In addition, please note that according to our Community Forum rules mentioning competitor links and product names are not allowed on our forum.

Hope that helps.
Manny Ratliff, User (Posts: 2)
May 18, 2021 11:07:33 am EDT

Polina wrote:

Hello,

I have seen that you also have an agent, but when accessing from the Viewer, you have to add the connection, occupying a space in the address book. Does this have to work like this ???

Yes, unfortunately, you need to add any Host/Agent to your address book first in order to connect to it. Since Agent is a module for spontaneous support, the connection entry can be removed from the address book after the remote session is over, so this way you can free up some space in the address book.

you give me ID and password, and at the end of the remote, ready.

Yes, the remote user can run Agent and provide you their Internet-ID code and password - you only need to add the connection entry to your address book and connect to the remote Agent. Please refer to this guide on connecting to a remote machine via Agent.

In addition, please note that according to our Community Forum rules mentioning competitor links and product names are not allowed on our forum.

Hope that helps.

Is there a setting to not save the connection to the connection list after I disconnect. My thing is I don't connect frequently enough to save all the connections.
May 18, 2021 2:04:04 pm EDT
Hello Manny,

Unfortunately, Remote Utilities does not provide such features - in order to connect to a remote Host or Agent you need to add their IP address or Internet-ID code to your address book first. You can easily remove the connection entry after disconnecting if you don't want to keep it in your address book - this can be done by right-clicking on the connection and selecting Delete from the drop-down menu or by simply selecting the connection and pressing Delete key on your keyboard. Sorry if this makes our program less useful for you.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Manny Ratliff, User (Posts: 2)
May 18, 2021 2:08:06 pm EDT

Polina wrote:

Hello Manny,

Unfortunately, Remote Utilities does not provide such features - in order to connect to a remote Host or Agent you need to add their IP address or Internet-ID code to your address book first. You can easily remove the connection entry after disconnecting if you don't want to keep it in your address book - this can be done by right-clicking on the connection and selecting  Delete  from the drop-down menu or by simply selecting the connection and pressing  Delete  key on your keyboard. Sorry if this makes our program less useful for you.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Thank you for the quick response. I still love the software way more than the competitors I have used. I was just hoping that I could auto-delete connections after disconnecting from the target device.
Robert Ricketts, User (Posts: 8)
Nov 04, 2022 12:14:41 pm EDT
Looks like I found my answer after much searching. The OP makes a valid request.

I, too, do a lot of remote support, much of it one-time, ad-hoc connections. It's rather ridiculous that I have to add the connection ID and remember to delete it after the session is over. Why, exactly, is RUT forcing me to do that? The agent is designed specifically for ad-hoc connections, yes? It should have a "don't automatically remember this connection id" as part of the custom agent build process. Or the host-end viewer should have a quick connection option that doesn't require adding/deleting a connection.

As for the forum rules about not mentioning a competitor even in the context of describing some functionality or feature? Really??? It RUT that insecure? Grow up.

I'm using TV right now (there I said it) and hold their premium license so I am obviously willing to pay. But I'm not happy with them for several reasons and so may consider replacing them with RUT.
Edited:valkyriebiker - Nov 04, 2022 1:08:22 pm EDT
Nov 04, 2022 4:38:26 pm EDT
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have a few features planned for Agent in our future updates, but automatically removing it from the address book after the session is over in not on our roadmap for now. However, I'll forward it to our development department for a review to see if we'll consider adding this feature in the future.
In addition, please also note that even free license allows you to add up to 10 connections to your address book, so even if you don't delete a connection right away, you can still have some free spots available in the address book.

I'm sorry, but discussing competing software is just not allowed on our forum in order to avoid unnecessary or excessive flooding. We welcome any feedback from our users, but our forum is meant for technical support, so this is done in an attempt to simply keep it at that.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)