Community

FR: Linux, Mac - Host

Links used in this discussion
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
Jul 12, 2016 9:17:36 am EDT
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your message.

Telling us that a Mac client is "not important", goes a long way to demonstrate how out of touch this company is with the demands of consumers in a large market segment.

I'm sorry, but where did we say that Mac was "not important" for us? We have always been saying including in this thread that we just follow our priorities and not always we can provide a release date.

P.S. No one is going to delete your message, unless it violates forum rules.
Mike De Arman, User (Posts: 6)
Jul 12, 2016 9:25:03 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Conrad Wrote:

"Thank you for your comment. Well, we would be happy to have you among our customers, but we won't be giving any empty promises just to win a customer :) Frankly speaking, there's no ETA for Mac Host because there are quite a few more pressing priorities before that."

While not explicitly saying, verbatim, a Mac Client is "not important", this more than implies the same given the context of the conversation, and the time that has past from the original posted query.
Edited:Mike De Arman - Jul 12, 2016 9:25:49 am EDT
Jul 12, 2016 9:31:54 am EDT
Hello

Mike De Arman wrote:

While not explicitly saying, verbatim, a Mac Client is "not important", this more than implies the same given the context of the conversation.

It is saying "less important" and that is true. Until we release the upcoming version 6.5 with quite a few improvements to our self-hosted solution and also to the program itself we cannot think about Mac as our biggest priority. But that doesn't mean that we abandon it.
Jul 12, 2016 9:41:07 am EDT
Sir,

I'm going to make two points.

First, arguing with (potential) customers, is a no-win scenario- just don't do it. At this point, I would not purchase this software (1000's of dollars) simply because of the conversation that I have witnessed/"partaken in", here. So even if you are right/correct/justified, you have lost a sale. While you might not care about that, the owner(s) does/should. Being right/correct/justified, doesn't make you productive. What was your goal with this conversation?

Second, the software is at version 6.5- with no Mac client. Tells me everything I need to know about the level of importance it has.
Jul 12, 2016 10:37:32 am EDT
Hello Mike,

At this point, I would not purchase this software (1000's of dollars) simply because of the conversation that I have witnessed/"partaken in", here. So even if you are right/correct/justified, you have lost a sale.

Our duty here is to make you satisfied with the software, not to give you empty promises we can't follow through with.

Or would it be better if I told you "Dear Sir, please purchase from us, we will release our mac version tomorrow"? That strategy could backfire and make you disappointed in the long run, which is absolutely unacceptable for us.

Second, the software is at version 6.5- with no Mac client. Tells me everything I need to know about the level of importance it has.

Mac client as well as an improved mobile client (iOS/Android) are our next priorities once we release version 6.5. The 6.5 beta is coming soon.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have other questions.
Jul 12, 2016 10:51:34 am EDT
Sir,

"It would be better" if this thread contained "meaningful information" about an upcoming Mac client. In lieu of that, what you should have said is, "we are working on it," nothing more- especially if you have no timeline and no real information. Less is more here. The sarcastic sideline commentary, argumentative discourse and tone, has no place here. This is customer relations 101 stuff. IT support is first and foremost, customer service. All you have done here is anger a potential customer to the point that no sale will happen. You didn't benefit me, and you didn't benefit the company you represent.

And you did it publicly.
Edited:Mike De Arman - Jul 12, 2016 10:52:51 am EDT
Jul 12, 2016 11:11:23 am EDT
Hello Mike,

"It would be better" if this thread contained "meaningful information" about an upcoming Mac client. In lieu of that, what you should have said is, "we are working on it," nothing more- especially if you have no timeline and no real information.

Unfortunately, this is the only information we can provide. That is, we do have a list of priorities, but we can't provide exact dates or ETAs for each item.

The sarcastic sideline commentary, argumentative discourse and tone, has no place here.

Sorry, if there was any sarcasm. It was not meant to offend you anyway.  

IT support is first and foremost, customer service. All you have done here is anger a potential customer to the point that no sale will happen. You didn't benefit me, and you didn't benefit the company you represent.

Mike, I'm here to help prospects make right decisions as well as provide technical support to existing customers. If a prospect wants to purchase and their decision is based on false assumptions (like if I had lied to you about Mac priorities or ETAs) then it is my responsibility to tell them the truth. Namely to tell them what to expect and not expect from us.
Anthony Simons, User (Posts: 1)
Aug 24, 2016 11:58:11 am EDT
So what is the true status of getting the host, viewer for the Mac? I have several new clients with Macs and I myself have a Mac Laptop that I would like to use the viewer on.
Aug 24, 2016 4:02:14 pm EDT
Hello Anthony,

Currently, we do not have any ETA of the Mac version, sorry for that. But it is our next priority right after we release an updated mobile client which is due this fall.

Do not hesitate to ask me if you have other questions.
Boucher Eric, User (Posts: 1)
Oct 20, 2016 2:40:32 pm EDT
Hi, how are you ? Maybe you might have an ETA about the 6.5 Release ? I see the BETA so i suppose  it's going up pretty soon.

For my part, i'm interested intoo a Linux Host & Client.

I'm currently use the client on my laptop(Win10) at the job but i would like to use both the viewer & the host on my Desktop(Debian x64) at home.

Sincerely your,
Eric1212

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)