Links used in this discussion
Rogier, User (Posts: 10)
Sep 19, 2016 7:24:02 am EDT
Hello,

It would be very useful to have commands such as:

InternetIdService.exe /reconnect
InternetIdService.exe /connect
InternetIdService.exe /disconnect

Because when you have a network-hickup or restarting a switch/router the connection can be lost and aren't able anymore to connect by using ID's.
Edited:Rogier - Sep 19, 2016 7:25:12 am EDT
Sep 19, 2016 8:04:07 am EDT
Quick and dirty, but not recommended;

@echo off
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq InternetIdAdmin.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "InternetIdAdmin.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="1" goto NOTRUNNING
taskkill /f /im InternetIdAdmin.exe
timeout /t 5
start /B InternetIdAdmin.exe
goto EOF
:NOTRUNNING
start /B InternetIdAdmin.exe
:EOF
exit
Edited:Rogier - Sep 19, 2016 8:22:38 am EDT
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
Sep 19, 2016 11:41:25 am EDT
Hello Rogier,

Thank you for your message.

Not sure what you mean by connect or reconnect with respect to the RU Server's service, but if you mean just restarting the service, you can do so using stop and start command line parameters https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/ru-server-command-line-parameters/ .
Sep 20, 2016 11:56:56 am EDT
Hello Conrad,

I'll try again to explain...
The problem I have with Remote Utilities Server is that it disconnects sometimes, because of a network hiccup or due to a switch/router restart.
When this happens the RU-server doesn't reconnect automatically. Because all hosts are configured with a specific network address (domain.tld), you aren't able anymore to connect by using your own Internet-ID.

To prevent this issue, I am looking for a simple task to check and if disconnected reconnect RU-server.

Do you have a solution for this issue?
Edited:Rogier - May 10, 2017 3:09:36 pm EDT
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3022)
Sep 20, 2016 6:19:55 pm EDT
Hello Rogier,

Just to clarify - by reconnecting here do you mean connecting from server Administrator Console to the server service?

UPD: yes, it looks like that's what you meant. I managed to open the image link that you posted and it shows Administrator Console screenshot.

I will forward your suggestions to our team and we'll see what we can do.
Sep 21, 2016 6:03:01 pm EDT

UPD: yes, it looks like that's what you meant. I managed to open the image link that you posted and it shows Administrator Console screenshot.

I will forward your suggestions to our team and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)