New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] mac viewer?

Links used in this discussion
Alan M, User (Posts: 6)
Oct 19, 2017 11:43:24 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial

Conrad wrote:
We are planning to release Viewer for Mac first. The Host is going to come later, but not this year.

Does this imply that the Viewer will be out this year (2017). Not long left of this year if that's the case so you must have a date pencilled in for its release?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 19, 2017 12:12:31 pm EDT
Hello Alan,

Does this imply that the Viewer will be out this year (2017). Not long left of this year if that's the case so you must have a date pencilled in for its release?

That is most likely. At least this is something we are currently working on most of the time. I.e. it is no longer just "planned", it's already in the works.

Thanks.
Nov 28, 2017 11:30:45 am EST
Conrad,
Are we any closer to seeing the Mac version of the viewer?
Nov 28, 2017 1:37:27 pm EST
Hello Alan,

We will do our best to release it as soon as possible. Currently, we are also working on 6.9 update which will provide some significant changes and improvements to the Host authorization system and also introduce a 2-factor authentication.
Nov 30, 2017 10:55:19 am EST
Beautifully vague as normal, Conrad.
Nov 30, 2017 12:30:25 pm EST
Hello Alan,

I'm really sorry for that. I would only be happy to be more specific but this is all I know.

Thanks!
Stuart Slavin, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 27, 2017 6:06:38 pm EST
Conrad,
Understanding that this is and has been in development for some time. Is there any information available for development delivery cycle? Are we tracking towards any actual timeline?

The lack of Mac support is now affecting large architecture and budget decisions.

Thanks.
Dec 27, 2017 6:10:36 pm EST
4 days left of 2017....

The amount of time this has dragged on has left me of the opinion that they have no intention of ever releasing a Mac version. There's never been any evidence that one is in the pipeline and any enquiries are fobbed off with the usual "coming soon" bulls**t.
Edited:Alan M - Dec 27, 2017 6:10:57 pm EST
Stuart Slavin, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 27, 2017 6:15:47 pm EST
Alan gets it.

We need some definitive information at some point on this topic. Ready to cut bait on hope if that is what is needed.
Dec 27, 2017 6:28:45 pm EST
Hello Stuart and Alan,

I'm sorry the lack of Mac support is not available yet. Currently we are preparing the 6.9 version for open beta - among other improvements, namely with speed and performance, this version will also get two-factor authentication.

Mac support is the next priority after we release version 6.9. As for ETA, I'm not sure I can give any estimates - far too often they were incorrect in the past due to various reasons.

Happy New Year to everyone!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)