May 22, 2018 11:33:59 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
That would be awesome :-)

It would give me a reason to purchase the mini license (-:
Edited:Nick Leffler - May 22, 2018 11:34:30 am EDT
Gabor Olah, User (Posts: 14)
May 23, 2018 3:28:25 am EDT

Conrad wrote:

Thank you, Nick. There is a good chance that we will introduce Linux client together with client for Mac.

Good news after 3 years. ;-) But I'll believe it when I'll install it on my linux machine. And I'd really like to install it on linux especially after  [censored] switched to monthly subscription model from one time payment model.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 23, 2018 5:04:48 am EDT
Hi Gabor,

Sorry for the delay. And by the way, we are not going to change our licensing model any time soon (if ever). This one-time payment + 1 year grace period + discounted upgrades system works well for us and the majority of our customers from what we know. We don't see any reason why we should change it to subscription model other than to squeeze more money from our customers, but this we definitely won't do.
Nick Leffler, User (Posts: 13)
May 23, 2018 6:47:40 am EDT
That's great to hear. I can't wait for the Linux Host.
May 23, 2018 8:02:47 am EDT
You're probably right :-( I already gave them $99 for the starter plans since for my Windows uses this completely meets everything I need. What are some alternatives that support Linux that are a non subscription based that I can self host?
May 23, 2018 12:05:20 pm EDT
I am sorry to interrupt, but we have our forum rules. Specifically,

- We won't tolerate any posts that are saying that our company "doesn't have any talent" or suchlike. If you don't like our company or product , you are free not to use it.

- We do not tolerate posting competitor solutions  here, much less discussing "the alternatives" right here on the forum. You are free to discuss it elsewhere.

Thank you.
May 23, 2018 12:14:47 pm EDT
And by the way, Mac client is already in development (and by extension - the Linux client as well). By "client" we mean the Viewer, not the Host.

Another news is that the mobile client will remain free even after we significantly update it as mentioned earlier in this thread.
May 23, 2018 12:18:47 pm EDT
My apologies for beaking any rules.
May 23, 2018 12:21:03 pm EDT

Nick Leffler wrote:

My apologies for beaking any rules.

You didn't break any rules. I deleted the messages that did. Let's keep this conversation civil.

We do apologize that we delayed the development of a Mac/Linux client, but that doesn't automatically make us miserable in all other areas :)
Mike De Arman, User (Posts: 6)
May 23, 2018 4:34:19 pm EDT
Conrad,

I don't have a problem with your company, I only have a problem with your responses to these posts. I not only didn't break any of your forums rules, nothing I said was inaccurate, nor unprofessional (albeit somewhat tongue-in-cheek), especially in comparison to 'your' past responses.

I didn't say your company 'had no talent', I said it may not employ the necessary in-house talent for Mac or Linux development, ie, there may be no programmers with that skill set, hence the lack of client 3-4 years on. That in no way implies your staff 'has no talent', something anyone reading that readily understood.

Further, in order to 'compete' with another vendor, you have to actually have a competing product, the point of this entire thread being, with regard to Linux & Mac OS, you do not.

A professional response, from a company that wanted to demonstrate that it 'cared' about its (prospective) customers, would be to point customers it can't/doesn't service, in the direction of a company that does/can. We call this 'professional courtesy' or just 'good customer service'. I personally find you individually, extremely lacking in this regard.

An example of 'poor' customer service is to ignore customer requests for years on end, or even worse, string customers along by telling them you plan development when you clearly have no intention of doing that. Again, this thread speaks for itself in that regard, and is far more embarrassing than anything I could say. And for my part, I was attempting to help a customer in the vacuum 'you' left, with an open source solution. At no point did I suggest a commercially viable alternative to Nick's issue.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)