New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

FR: Linux, Mac - Host

Links used in this discussion
Richard lilley, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 05, 2019 3:39:12 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I just want to clarify a few things.

So as far as I understand there are four parts of the software package; Server (if self-hosting), Viewer, Host & Agent.

What parts are you currently developing for MacOS?

What parts are you currently developing for Linux?

May I also ask how many developers the company has? (I understand if you would rather not let us know)

Will beta versions be publicly released or internal only?

Thanks
Richard
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Apr 05, 2019 4:11:02 pm EDT
Hello Richard,

What parts are you currently developing for MacOS?

We are currently working on Viewer for Mac. Host and Agent will be made available some time later after that. As for Linux versions - since the code base is almost the same for Mac and Linux there is a good chance that Linux versions will see the light at the same time as Mac versions.

May I also ask how many developers the company has? (I understand if you would rather not let us know)

Sorry, we do not disclose such information. We are a privately owned company, not a publicly traded one.

Will beta versions be publicly released or internal only?

Yes, of course we will provide a beta version for open testing and maybe even show the alpha too.

Thanks.
Apr 05, 2019 5:26:32 pm EDT
Hi,

We are currently working on Viewer for Mac. Host and Agent will be made available some time later after that.

Would the Host & agent not be a priority, as the device the viewer is on we can control (ensure it is windows) where the computer we would be connecting to is out of our control (as it is the device the clients have )

Just a thought

Thanks
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Apr 05, 2019 5:53:37 pm EDT
Hi Richard,

All three modules are important. It's only that we decided based on our user feedback that Viewer will be the first to go.
Apr 05, 2019 7:09:43 pm EDT
Hi,

. It's only that we decided based on our user feedback that Viewer will be the first to go.

That is surprising to me, does anyone from the community have a comment on this?

Thanks
Nick Leffler, User (Posts: 9)
Apr 05, 2019 7:21:27 pm EDT

Richard lilley wrote:

Hi,

. It's only that we decided based on our user feedback that Viewer will be the first to go.

That is surprising to me, does anyone from the community have a comment on this?

Thanks

I want the Linux host. I have no interest in OSx anything. I still bought the Pro license since I mainly use it to help my family when needed, but I would love to add my numerous Linux devices in the system. The first thing I would like would be an Android app with the address book.
Mac Wilson, User (Posts: 10)
Apr 05, 2019 11:12:09 pm EDT

Richard lilley wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Yes very strange.  No interest in the Mac viewer whatsoever but host absolutely required.
ThomasP, User (Posts: 22)
Apr 08, 2019 1:52:56 am EDT

Richard lilley wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Hello,

For my part, we waiting since 3 - 4 years the Mac host...

Regards,
Thomas
Nijel Terry, User (Posts: 55)
May 06, 2019 3:39:16 am EDT
If Remote Utilities had Mac & Linux support it would be the best remote program. Period. IMO.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)