Community

"Connect through host" GUI

Matthew Cooper, User (Posts: 42)
Sep 09, 2019 11:32:44 pm EDT
We use direct connections for most of our endpoints and often relay through a main server at the site to get access. When setting up the connections the first time, in the connection properties of each remote client, under Connection > Network > Connect through the host: we drop down the menu to select the main site server.  We store each client in their own folder under the main address book whcih is a central address book on a self hosted server.

This list follows no order that I can understand, so it is often difficult to find the server we are looking for.

Can we request 2 changes:

1. Can this list be in alphabetical order arranged by the folder the clients are listed in
2. Can the separator [shown as --- ClientFolder] be shown in BOLD to make it easier to read.

Thanks
Matthew
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Sep 10, 2019 4:44:00 am EDT
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your message.

1. The list actually does show connections and folders (and connections within folders) in their alphabetical order.

"Connect through host" GUI - 10 Sep 2019 04:43:26

2. I will forward this request to our development.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Matthew Cooper, User (Posts: 42)
Sep 14, 2019 6:35:57 pm EDT
Thanks Conrad

In my case, the entries under the address folder do shown in alphabetical order, however, the folders themselves do not.

Matthew
Attached Files
"Connect through host" GUI "Connect through host" GUI
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Sep 23, 2019 1:00:33 pm EDT
Hello Matthew,

Sorry for the late reply. This happened to be a bug. Now the development team has fixed it and the fix will be applied in the very next program update.

Let me know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)