New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Mac support?

Links used in this discussion
Steve Anderson, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 09, 2019 5:35:37 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
It's looking great!
ThomasP, User (Posts: 22)
Dec 10, 2019 1:56:09 am EST
Is our Christmas Gift ? ;-)
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Dec 10, 2019 3:32:43 am EST
Hello Thomas,

The first beta will see the light in a few days from now. The version in the screenshots is functional and I took the screenshots during the testing. Initially, it will be somewhat stripped and not have all functions that you can see in the Windows Viewer. However, once the Beta 1 is out we'll be gradually adding more features in the following few months. In the end the final Viewer for Mac is going to have virtually same functionality as the Windows Viewer.

When we release Beta 1 we will provide a list of features that we will be including so that you have a better idea of what the final release will be.

In addition, Viewer for Linux will also be released and mirror the functionality of the Viewer for Mac.

Thanks.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Dec 12, 2019 4:12:59 pm EST
Hello ,

Viewer for Mac/Linux has been released. Here is a dedicated discussion.
Mac Wilson, User (Posts: 10)
Dec 17, 2019 3:49:05 pm EST
Very nice.  Does this mean Host is not far behind?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Dec 17, 2019 4:06:18 pm EST
Hello Mac,

Thank you for your message.

Absolutely, we plan to release Host/Agent for Mac in the nearest future. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a more specific ETA yet.

Please let me know if you have other questions.
Lee Clough, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 18, 2020 6:01:25 am EDT
Please keep us up to date on the progress of the Mac Host/Agent. To be able to offer remote support for Mac's from my Windows infrastructure would be incredibly useful.
Mar 18, 2020 10:41:48 am EDT
Hello Lee,

Of course, Host/Agent for Mac is among our highest priorities. We plan to release it this year, but, unfortunately, we cannot provide a more specific ETA on it yet. However, we will certainly notify all our users when Host/Agent for Mac is released.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Bob Milutinovic, User (Posts: 1)
Aug 18, 2021 8:04:21 am EDT

Host/Agent for Mac is among our highest priorities

I won't add to the crowd of voices asking when the Mac host/agent will become available, but I will ask if you're expecting the Mac host/agent to become available in the current version (v7.x) of RU. I'm looking to purchase a licence but would prefer to avoid having to pay an upgrade fee (to v8.x) if the Mac host/agent isn't released until the next version.
Aug 18, 2021 9:25:01 am EDT
Hello Bob,

Of course, we understand this kind of concern and apologize for keeping everyone waiting. Although we cannot provide any specific ETA on the release of Host/Agent for Mac/Linux, it will most probably become available within the current major version of Remote Utilities, i.e. version 7 - for a reference, the previous major version 6 was around for almost 7 years.
In addition, please note that according to our Upgrade Policy all customers who've purchased the license within a year prior to a major version release are eligible for a free license upgrade.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)