Community

Chat initiation from Client

Muhammad Ibrahim, User (Posts: 3)
Oct 05, 2019 3:17:56 pm EDT
Hi,

I have just bought, downloaded and configured Remoteutilities PRO for my clients.
It's a really great software, works pretty well!

I have a request that I think would be great for my clients.

My client should be able to right click the host icon and select "Start chat" - then a popup, or some sort of a notification would appear on our Viewers (Permission based, those technicians / users who have access to the addressbook should be able to get this) and we can start a chat.

It all seems viewer --> Host based. Nothing Host --> Viewer.

We have an MSP Business Model, At the moment they raise a ticket via web and then we trace the machine name in the viewer then logon. It would be good to skip this whole step and understand the exact machine the client/host is coming frmo so we can quickly support our clients.

It would be great if our clients could "chat to us" straight away.

Thanks
Ibrahim
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Oct 07, 2019 7:47:56 am EDT
Hello Ibrahim,

Thank you for your message.

Actually, we already have a similar functionality on our wishlist but that requires some time to develop and careful thought and planning, because our paradigm isn't based around a web account (like many SaaS tools are). However, this suggestion might be possible to implement for scenarios that involve using the RU Server.
Adam, User (Posts: 12)
Apr 14, 2021 12:54:04 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I second this.
Chat was almost the first thing I looked for when the Host (Agent) on the Client installed and showed up in the System Tray.

Any more news on feature updates? It has been about 1.5 years since the OP.
Attached Files
Chat initiation from Client
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Apr 14, 2021 4:59:33 pm EDT
Hello Adam,

Thank you for your message.

We do have the feature in our wish list, but unfortunately, we cannot provide any specific ETA on it yet. However, I'll additionally check on it with our developers to see if there are any updates on it.

Please let me know if you have mother questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)