New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Add using Code, tie it to an RU-Server

Links used in this discussion
Brad Mustin, User (Posts: 21)
Apr 30, 2021 3:55:41 pm EDT
I use Remote viewer from 2 or 3 different computers,  but I can only add using the code from 1 computer because of security(I assume this) that generated the support agent.  It would be nice to tie it to the Ru-server so any of my computers could add the computer using the code that connect to the RU-Server.
Thanks.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 30, 2021 4:51:26 pm EDT
Hello Brad,

Thank you for your message.

but I can only add using the code from 1 computer because of security(I assume this) that generated the support agent.

Yes, you are absolutely right - in order to add a remote Host to your address book via the Add using code feature, you need to add it via the same Viewer that has generated the MSI installation package.  

Please note that if you use your RU Server as a relay server, you can set up an automatic import of new Hosts - this way, your Hosts will be automatically added to a designated folder in your address book once the Hosts reveal themselves to the Server (i.e. connect to the Server the first time). This feature can replace the "Send via email" feature, especially in the described scenario. For more information on setting up the Auto import feature for your RU Server please refer to this step-by-step tutorial.

Hope that helps.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 03, 2021 4:19:08 am EDT
Hi Brad,

You can copy the private key file from the Viewer computer where you initially configured the remote module to other Viewer computers where you want to use the feature. This knowledge base article can help https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/the-code-you-entered-is-incorrect-error/#
Brad Mustin, User (Posts: 21)
May 03, 2021 9:43:38 am EDT
Thank you, that an alternative that will work.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)