New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

License issue with 6.1.0.3 Viewer

Michel Poirier, User (Posts: 7)
Mar 11, 2015 11:33:36 am EDT
Support level: Endpoint
Hi,
Have viewer installed on 2 pc. My main desktop and a laptop as a backup and for when on the road.
I support end users and have 24 pc licensed. 5 pc on a free key and 22 pc on 4 different paid commercial keys.
All are upgaded to Version 6.

So on the laptop I for testing purpose upgraded Viewer to 6.1.0.3 and now when connecting to a remote pc I get the following message.

Your license does not allow to use this key for more than 8 pc. And cannot execute any remote functions. And this for all pc. And says to delete connexions.
Event if I have unused licenses in 2 keys.

So the is that on my laptpo Viewer is now completely unusable.
Tried to go back to version 6.0.0.4 but Viewer start with access error.

Following is the capture of the french version of the message.

Avertissement
Votre licence ne vous permet pas d'utiliser cette clef pour plus
de 8 ordinateurs.
Veuillez supprimer les connexions additionnelles qui utilisent
cette clef de licence ou fournissez-en une nouvelle à RUT Host.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Mar 11, 2015 12:26:37 pm EDT
Hello Michel,

Thank you for your message.

So on the laptop I for testing purpose upgraded Viewer to 6.1.0.3 and now when connecting to a remote pc I get the following message.

Starting version 6.1 the Host is a "free-floating" module that doesn't require registration. In order to avoid any conflicts, please update all modules, not just the Viewer.

Then clear your License Key Storage and re-add your commercial license. You should be able to control 22 pcs, just like your license permits.

Hope that helps.
Mar 11, 2015 12:38:58 pm EDT
Hello Michel,

I've just made a quick search in our license database and found that you have a 5-PC commercial license.

So my remark above about 22 PCs is incorrect. With your license key (for 5 PCs) you can control 5 computers. If you have other commercial keys I didn't find just let me know via email support@remote-utilities.com

Thanks.
Mar 11, 2015 12:39:57 pm EDT
Hi,
Just did remove all keys from key directory.
And re-added 1 key for 5 pc.
Still get the error message, but now says allowed 0 pc's
And makes no difference if still at version 6 or 6.1 ( have one host updated to 6.1.0.4)

Looks like this change in licensing really creates a mess or is not fully functionnal yet.
Meanwhile if I have to go on the road and get an emergency call I am suck into driving a couple hours to do support.
Mar 11, 2015 1:11:50 pm EDT
Michel,

Still get the error message, but now says allowed 0 pc's

Have you upgraded your Hosts to version 6.1.0.3 as well?

If you still can't make it work, we can schedule a remote session - I could connect to your Viewer PC to help you with that.
Mar 11, 2015 1:34:19 pm EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:
Hello Michel,

I've just made a quick search in our license database and found that you have a 5-PC commercial license.

So my remark above about 22 PCs is incorrect. With your license key (for 5 PCs) you can control 5 computers. If you have other commercial keys I didn't find just let me know via email support@remote-utilities.com

Thanks.

Yes I have one key for 5 pc for my use.
But I manage keys for 4 other users. This is why I mention 22 pc's.
I try to get the end users to purchase their license instead of using the free version because I think good software is worth spending some money.

So out of 4 different users 3 have purchased commercial keys and 1 had purchase one key for 5 pc's when they were very low price (version 4) and since then that key converted to free with the upgrade to version 5.
Mar 11, 2015 3:08:58 pm EDT
Hi Michel,

Ok, our Sales are currently trying to get in touch. Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)