Community

Why obtain free licence?

André Dagenais, User (Posts: 1)
Dec 10, 2014 3:18:20 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,

I'm not sure to understand your free 10 business licence. I want only to use Agent. I test it without obtaining free license and it seems to work well. I want to remote connect to my client occasionnaly, and I have more than 10 client so will I need to purchase an operator license? If so it is too much expensive for me.

Regards,

André
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Dec 10, 2014 3:29:36 pm EST
Hello André,

Thank you for your questions.

I want only to use Agent. I test it without obtaining free license and it seems to work well.

If you run the Agent on the same PC for more than 30 days, it will require a license key, just like the Host. In terms of licensing the Agent is the same as the Host, no difference.

I want to remote connect to my client occasionnaly, and I have more than 10 client so will I need to purchase an operator license?

We do our best to provide as flexible licensing as possible. In this specific case, I think yes - you need an operator license.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have other questions.
Angus Scott-Fleming, User (Posts: 11)
Jun 12, 2015 8:37:09 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial

Conrad Sallian wrote:
We do our best to provide as flexible licensing as possible. In this specific case, I think yes - you need an operator license.

It would be a Good Thing if you offered different levels of "Small Operator" licenses for small quantities over 10 PCs.  You could offer licenses at $199 for up to 20 machines, $299 for up to 40 or 50 machines, and $499 for the current no-limit license.  This might get more consultants and small companies to pay for RU.

One of my clients with 19 PCs is up for a  [censored] Central renewal in 6 months. It will cost them $433 as of right now. A 1-operator license for RU is $499, plus the cost of removing LMI and installing RU Host on each machine, so I can't recommend it to them even though RU is a one-time cost (except for upgrades to new versions). 19 RU hosts would cost even more ($27.95 per remote PC = $531.05) and they would still have the costs of removal and installation.

Another alternative might be to offer competitive upgrade pricing to people moving away from another remote-support solution.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3022)
Jun 13, 2015 2:50:42 pm EDT
Hello Angus,

Thank you for your input.

It would be a Good Thing if you offered different levels of "Small Operator" licenses for small quantities over 10 PCs. You could offer licenses at $199 for up to 20 machines, $299 for up to 40 or 50 machines, and $499 for the current no-limit license. This might get more consultants and small companies to pay for RU.

This is what the "per remote PC" license is for.

One of my clients with 19 PCs is up for a [censored] Central renewal in 6 months. It will cost them $433 as of right now. A 1-operator license for RU is $499, plus the cost of removing LMI and installing RU Host on each machine, so I can't recommend it to them even though RU is a one-time cost (except for upgrades to new versions). 19 RU hosts would cost even more ($27.95 per remote PC = $531.05) and they would still have the costs of removal and installation.

The problem is that this "reasonable" level may differ from customer to customer. There is always someone for whom the price is too high, and also someone who thinks that the price is pretty low.  

However, we will certainly consider lowering the "per remote PC" pricing and shift the "threshold" towards increasing the number of "per remote PC" licenses equivalent to 1 operator license.  

Thank you for your suggestions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)