Community

Free Key Generator sending blank keys

Links used in this discussion
Chris Shafer, User (Posts: 1)
Oct 16, 2018 2:12:06 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
version 6.8.0.1 I just downloaded it for speed testing.  Already have the Viewer loaded on a few machines and had no trouble generating an online key in the past.  Today I have tried multiple times to generate a key from within the Viewer, along with the Online Generator trying multiple times with multiple email addresses to get a key.  The Online Key generator keeps sending blank keys.  Am I doing something wrong?
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2991)
Oct 16, 2018 2:44:51 pm EDT
Hello Chris,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have a temporary issue with the free license key generator. Our engineers are currently fixing  it. Hopefully, it will get back to normal soon.
Rafael Ramirez, User (Posts: 1)
Dec 02, 2019 8:44:53 am EST
Dear support,

It is 2nd Dec 2019 and I am having exactly the same problem: the Online Key generator keeps sending blank keys. Am I doing something wrong?
Tibor Sas, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 02, 2019 9:24:52 am EST
I have the same problem. The length of the attached key.txt is 0.
Any chance that this will be resolved? Or is the free option is cancelled?
Thanks
Tibor
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Dec 02, 2019 10:25:27 am EST
Hello Rafael and Tibor,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Unfortunately, we have temporary issues with the Free License Generator server. We're already working on fixing them.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Tim Lee, User (Posts: 1)
Dec 02, 2019 12:31:36 pm EST
I'm trying RemoteUtilities for the first time. I can use my remote machine, but gmail does not let me save the Key.Txt that came on your Free Registration system :-(
Dec 02, 2019 5:08:37 pm EST
Hello Tim,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean that the key.txt file you receive is blank? If this is the case, this is already a known issue and we're currently working on a fix.

I'll keep you updated. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dec 03, 2019 2:25:22 pm EST
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience.

We wanted to notify our customers that the issue with the Free License Key Generator when the blank files were sent instead of a license key was fixed. If you had encountered the issue before, please try generating a license key once again.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Tibor Sas, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 03, 2019 4:03:24 pm EST
Thanks a lot!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)