New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

All connections are offline (WatchGuard blocking RU servers)

Links used in this discussion
Feisal Ali, User (Posts: 10)
Apr 04, 2019 2:27:41 pm EDT
Hi,

I have the latest version of remote utilizes, as of today when i turned it on. All my connections show offline and cannot connect to anyone. no changes on my laptop or network or AV.
Would appreciate prompt assistance with this please
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 04, 2019 2:51:53 pm EDT
Hello Feisal,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please send us the Host logs for examination? Here is how to locate the Host logs: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/host-log/
You can send them to support@remote-utilities.com. You can also submit a support ticket and attach the log files to your ticket.

Also, could you please let us know what firewall and perimeter firewall you use? Recently a couple of our users reported that certain firewall manufacturer erroneously blacklisted our ID server and website IP addresses. We are now in the process of determining who the manufacturer is and your help would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply.
Apr 04, 2019 3:04:37 pm EDT
Hello Feisal,

We just responded to you via tickets to avoid duplicating answers.

We hope the issue will be resolved soon.
Apr 04, 2019 4:08:50 pm EDT
Hello Feisal,

You can also send a false positive report to WatchGuard here: https://www.watchguard.com/wgrd-support/security-portal/report-false-positive
Sending false positive reports usually helps speed up the resolution process.

Please let me know if you have more questions.
Apr 04, 2019 4:26:45 pm EDT
I've opened the IPS and ports from https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/docs/ports-used-by-remote-utilities/

and still not working...please advise what i should do
Apr 04, 2019 4:30:36 pm EDT
Please see attached, what else can i try
Attached Files
All connections are offline (WatchGuard blocking RU servers)
Linda Lederer, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 04, 2019 5:02:39 pm EDT
I am having same issue with no quick resolution.....Remote Utilities this is a BIG issue!
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Apr 04, 2019 5:14:30 pm EDT
Hello Linda,

We do our best to help as fast as we possibly can. However, this specific issue isn't a fault of Remote Utilities. It is an issue with WatchGuard Firewall/Firebox erroneously blocking our legitimate service (as reported by several different users/customers already).

Moreover, judging by a yesterday's tweet addressed to WatchGuard Remote Utilities isn't the only service that was affected.

We recommend that you as WatchGuard customers contact them too and ask for this issue to be resolved as quickly as possible.
Apr 04, 2019 5:18:48 pm EDT
Hello Feisal,

Thank you for the details.

Could you please clarify, if there is an endpoint firewall or a gateway firewall?

Also, if it's possible, could you try to connect the Viewer to the Internet via another network interface (e.g. Wi-Fi or mobile network) and see if the issue persists. This will help to isolate the problem.

Looking forward to your reply.
Linda Lederer, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 04, 2019 5:37:04 pm EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Hello Linda,

We do our best to help as fast as we possibly can. However, this specific issue isn't a fault of Remote Utilities. It is an issue with WatchGuard Firewall/Firebox erroneously blocking our legitimate service (as reported by several different users/customers already).

Moreover, judging by  a yesterday's tweet  addressed to WatchGuard Remote Utilities isn't the only service that was affected.

We recommend that you as WatchGuard customers contact them too and ask for this issue to be resolved as quickly as possible.

Right except Watchguard claims the issue is resolved per the tweet....

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)