New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Disconnection while using adwcleaner

Links used in this discussion
Ian Wilmshurst, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 24, 2020 9:53:35 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I regularly use adwcleaner to clean EU devices and have come across a problem when using it with RU. When completing the clean up process it also shuts down RU which also disconnects me.  I have not encountered this issue when using other remote software, is there anything i can do to prevent this?  

Its not an issue if the EU is sitting at the remote PC. But quite often, once i have started work, they leave their device.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 24, 2020 10:55:28 am EST
Hello Ian,

Thank you for your message. I moved this topic to "Antivirus issues" sub-forum.

When completing the clean up process it also shuts down RU which also disconnects me.

I recommend that you contact Malwarebytes, the manufacturer and report a false positive and/or ask them to white list RU. Remote Utilities is definitely not adware - not even remotely (we've never shown a single bit of advertisement for the whole history of the product).
Ian Wilmshurst, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 24, 2020 10:57:27 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
This has nothing to do with a virus or malwarbytes?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 24, 2020 11:05:13 am EST
Hi Ian,

You mentioned "AdwCleaner" which is the name of one of Malwarebytes products https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/ . Were you referring to a different product?
Nijel Terry, User (Posts: 55)
Mar 03, 2020 11:15:00 am EST
In AdwCleaner 8.0.2 settings disable "Ask before rebooting PC" what it does during the cleaning process is close every process and then reboot the PC but if you don't disable that setting there will be a prompt for the user to click OK after all running process's have been quit. It will reboot automatically after you disable that setting & RU will start when the PC is restarted.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 03, 2020 1:02:43 pm EST
Hello Nijel,

Thank you for your input on the issue.

Hopefully, it will be helpful for future users who might encounter the issue with the AdwCleaner.

Please let us know if you have more questions. We're happy to assist.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)