New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Full iOS viewer update?

snk-nick, User (Posts: 59)
Jun 06, 2021 1:20:17 am EDT
Seriously for years the mobile version of the system is and remains utter garbage for anyone using it professionally. I run an RU server and all I want is to be able to open it up, log in to my server, and see my clients as pulled down from the server address book. Just like how the other viewers work.

It’s so bad I VPN to a machine back in the office running the viewer instead of the native app.

Every single time this is brought up it’s “being worked on” with “no ETA”. For years. I’d have thought v7 would have updated the viewer but still nothing.

Do I need to start looking for another solution? Because knowing I can do my job just by throwing an iPad in my bag is a huge benefit and this slow clunky workaround is pretty tiresome.

Can we get SOME kind of update that isn’t “yep we want that, no ETA though”.?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jun 07, 2021 5:16:07 am EDT
Hello,

We understand your frustration and we sincerely apologize for keeping you waiting for so long. We will do our best to release the update this year.
Dec 16, 2021 6:11:18 pm EST
Hey guys,

It's approaching the end of the year and still haven't seen any updates around this. Being able to work from iOS/Android devices is basically a standard feature from remote access utilities - I really love this product but if I have to purchase and deploy a second solution just so I can use it from a mobile device what's the point?

Would really appreciate any kind of update here.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 17, 2021 10:32:54 am EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I will check on this with our development department to see if there's any ETA on the address book feature for the mobile Viewer and will get back to you with an update on this shortly.
I apologize once again for keeping you waiting.

I'll keep you updated on this.
Mar 10, 2022 6:44:13 pm EST
Hi Pauline,

Did you ever get that update?

Cheers,

Nick.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 11, 2022 2:42:05 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I've checked with our developers on this just in case if there are any updates on the ETA for the address book for mobile Viewer.
Unfortunately, we still cannot provide any approximate ETA for it. Of course, we will do our best to provide this feature, and the improved mobile Viewer app in general, as soon as we can, but currently our biggest priority is Host/Agent for Mac/Linux. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)