New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

My Feature Requests

Mirko Rolfes, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 29, 2014 2:29:00 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi there,

I am just beginning using the software (registered with my private mail in the forum, with work mail the 10 free account) and have some requests.

1. Cntrl + Alt + Del (Glad you already promised to implement it, as it is really necessary).
2. A special Keyboard for extra buttons would be nice, i.e. F1 to F12 function keys, TAB, ESC, Pg up, Pg down, Home, Scroll Lock, Print, etc.
3. Cursor keys and Windows key on Special Keyboard also.
4. Being able to copy text to send it via email.
5. Being able to choose between both screens, primary monitor and secondary monitor.
6. On disconnect (due to bad connection) lock the computer.
7. Being able to give a rememberable name to an ID (idea from user L B).

That was it for now. Atleast until something new comes to my mind
Edited:Mirko Rolfes - Feb 01, 2014 1:08:19 pm EST
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 30, 2014 4:40:03 pm EST
Hello Mirko,

Ok, added to our wishlist for review and possible addition to our roadmap for the mobile version. Thanks!
Jan 31, 2014 2:31:49 pm EST
Thank you for the answer. The most urgent one would be cntrl + alt + del for me. At the moment I need an additional remote software to send the keys to be able to login. Second urgent would be the locking on unwanted disconnect and monitor modes. The special Keys / Keyboards are not that urgent.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 31, 2014 5:52:20 pm EST
Hi Mirko,

Ctrl + Alt + Del will definitely be implemented. As for auto-lock, it's also a good idea, but we'll see if it's possible to include it in the nearest release.  
Feb 01, 2014 1:11:27 pm EST
Thank you for the answer. As long as it (auto locking on disconnect) is planned, I am fine with it. Normally I lock the computer myself. It's only if I get disconnected and am not able to login back again, due to a bad network (mobile phone). So that feature could take more time.
it@fa1070, User (Posts: 13)
Jun 02, 2022 2:59:01 am EDT
Support level: Endpoint
Hi I would LOVE a Linux based Self-hosted server
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 02, 2022 10:24:25 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

We definitely plan to release RU Server for Linux in the future (hopefully, some time soon after Host/Agent for Mac/Linux release). In fact, we already do have it in our wish-list, but there's no specific ETA on it yet.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
it@fa1070, User (Posts: 13)
Jun 02, 2022 10:27:56 am EDT
Support level: Endpoint

Pauline wrote:
We definitely plan to release RU Server for Linux in the future (hopefully, some time soon after Host/Agent for Mac/Linux release). In fact, we already do have it in our wish-list, but there's no specific ETA on it yet.

Great news, I would be happy to test it for you.
I guess you have in the back of your head a container. Correct ?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jun 02, 2022 1:38:09 pm EDT
Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not provide our software for private testing, however, we will definitely release a beta version for public testing.

I guess you have in the back of your head a container. Correct ?

I'll have to check on this with our developers in order to provide the most accurate answer for you.

I'll get back to you with an update on this shortly.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)