Community

IOS 8 Crash

Tim De Gone, User (Posts: 3)
Oct 06, 2015 3:46:45 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I downloaded the app from the app store and it crashes on opening.  It also does not show up on the list of apps to reset any settings.  It is an IPhone 5 on IOS 8.4.1.  Any Idea why it is crashing?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 06, 2015 7:02:40 pm EDT
Tim,

This was a bug in the compiler that we use for the mobile app. Now they released a hotfix and hence we can also update our app and wait till Apple approves it.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Ever since Apple released their 9.x update it has been a never ending update process and not just about our app
Oct 07, 2015 7:53:51 am EDT
If I remember correctly, it can take up to a week for the upgrades to be approved.  But I am sure with IOS 9.0 problems it may be taking longer?
Oct 07, 2015 4:41:04 pm EDT
Hello Tim,

The last time it took them about 4 maybe 5 days to approve. Now we see that there is yet another iOS update (9.0.2) and we will be testing the program against that update also once we release the current app update. And it's all over again, if Apple decides once again to release another update.

C'est la vie
AMG Roushdy, User (Posts: 1)
Oct 11, 2015 10:49:50 am EDT
Glad I am not the only one.

I found this software through a review.

I am so happy that it supports auto routing for both windows and IOS.

And its free for 10 PCs.

The desktop app is excellent, i love the layout.

I was eager to test the IOS app but it crashes as the OP mentions.

I know its part of the dev process. I already rated you 5 stars on the Appstore - and i didnt even try it.

So hope it gets rectified soon!

Regards,
Oct 12, 2015 8:04:43 am EDT
Hello AMG,

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, we do our best to update the mobile version as soon as possible to fix the iOS 8 issue. Meanwhile, if you are using iOS 9, the app should be working ok. Please, let us know if you have any issues.
Justin Oldham, User (Posts: 8)
Oct 20, 2015 2:02:01 pm EDT
Hi.

I am on iOS 8.4.1 and am having the same issues as the OP.

It has been a week or so since the last news on this, has there been any progress yet?

Do you have an estimated timescale to get this working again?

Many thanks.
Oct 20, 2015 2:08:31 pm EDT
I moved up to IOS 9.0 and that solved my issue.  Once I was on IOS 9.0.2 it worked just fine.
Oct 20, 2015 2:22:46 pm EDT
Still, we will release another update for backward compatibility that fixes the bug with iOS v.8.x as well, but there is no ETA yet.

Thank you.
Justin Oldham, User (Posts: 8)
Oct 21, 2015 7:56:49 am EDT
Ok.

I look forward to receiving further news of the update to ios 8.x.x, as I am not yet ready to upgrade to ios 9.

Many thanks

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)