New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Color Depth

Links used in this discussion
les thornton, User (Posts: 7)
Feb 12, 2020 11:47:47 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Host version: 6.10.10 for Windows
IOS viewer:    6.10.9.0m11.23.0

with color depth set to 24 bit, display on an Ipad 7th gen. is only showing 8 bit colors
Feb 12, 2020 12:09:22 pm EST
IOS vesion 11.23 (latest from App Store)
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 12, 2020 4:51:41 pm EST
Hello Les,

Thank you for your message.

The issue might be caused by a slow internet connection, as the overall connection speed and performance are only as good as the slowest network segment between Viewer and Host. I have just tried connecting from mobile Viewer on the iOS device to the Host machine with the Color Depth settings set to different values - every value works perfectly fine on a good internet connection.

Could you please let me know if you use the Internet-ID connection method or Direct connection?
If you already use Direct connection, please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode feature and see if it helps to resolve the issue. To enable the feature please do the following:
1. Right-click the Host icon in the system tray and select Settings for Host.
2. Navigate to the Other tab and enable the Use legacy capture mode checkbox.
3. Right-click on the Host icon and select Restart Host or simply restart the Host PC.

Looking forward to your reply.
Feb 12, 2020 5:52:50 pm EST
Well, after restarting everything it's now working.  Not sure what was going on, but i just could not get the IOS end out of 8-bit mode.

The internet connection was fine.  longest ping was 15ms or so...

Les
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 13, 2020 9:08:06 am EST
Hello Les,

I'm glad to hear it works for you now! Perhaps, the issue was caused by some temporary issue.

Please feel free to contact us if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)