Community

Android App Address Book

Links used in this discussion
Nick Leffler, User (Posts: 13)
May 22, 2018 12:59:19 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
It would be nice for the address book to be able to be synced with the Android app that way I can connect to all my machine remotely from Android.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3013)
May 22, 2018 2:53:42 pm EDT
Hello Nick,

Thank you for your post.

We are going to implement a full-fledged address in the mobile client in one of the upcoming updates.
Nick Leffler, User (Posts: 13)
May 22, 2018 2:56:52 pm EDT
Do you know if it's going to be in the current major relase or will it be in the next major release.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 3013)
May 22, 2018 3:05:37 pm EDT
Hi Nick,

Our mobile client has its own versioning and so far this app is free. We haven't decided yet what licensing model we are going to use for it when we add more significant features to the client (namely, the full-fledged address book). There are different options that we are considering.
Steven Coleman, User (Posts: 21)
Jan 02, 2019 9:32:50 pm EST
Support level: Starter
Any update on when the improved Android client with address book support will be available?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Jan 03, 2019 7:27:20 am EST
Hello Steven,

This is what we are currently working on . It may take a few months before the release can be made. Sorry for the delay.
David Spivey, User (Posts: 1)
Nov 03, 2019 3:33:22 am EST
The lack of this feature almost makes the Android app unusable. Without an address book, I find it almost impossible to keep up with 20+ client machines. Can the implementation of this feature be upgraded to a higher priority please?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Nov 04, 2019 8:50:44 am EST
Hello David,

We do our best to release an updated mobile client as soon as possible and the work is now in progress.
me em, User (Posts: 1)
Nov 28, 2019 2:23:00 am EST

David Spivey wrote:

The lack of this feature almost makes the Android app unusable. Without an address book, I find it almost impossible to keep up with 20+ client machines. Can the implementation of this feature be upgraded to a higher priority please?

I agree. And there isn't even manual backup/restore feature, so right now the Android is completely useless.

It has been over a year since this issue was first brought up but there still no update to the app.
Edited:me em - Nov 28, 2019 2:38:59 am EST
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Nov 28, 2019 8:47:15 am EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I apologize for a somewhat primitive interface in the mobile Viewer. Currently, the improved mobile Viewer version is in development. We are going to significantly improve it, namely, implement a full-fledged address book that can be synced with the desktop Viewer.
In addition, we are currently waiting until the manufacturer of the development environment we use to release the 64-bit compiler (it's promised to be released very soon), as we need to build the Android client using a 64-bit compiler so we could resolve some Android version issues. Once the manufacturer releases it, we will immediately update the Android client.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)