New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Android app does not use custom server on Huawei MediaPad T5

cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Mar 27, 2020 10:56:32 am EDT
I've been trying all sorts of RU connections and I'm extremely satisfied. The relay functionality is especially excellent so far!

Today I tried to connect to a Windows host, via a custom relay, using a Huawei mediapad T5. Although I configured it to use my custom relay server, it does not use it. Instead, it constantly tries to use your own relay server, as I can see from the logs:

... Method "Connect" - OK. ID-from-custom-relay connected to ID server: id.remoteutils.com.
.. Connection to "ID-from-custom-relay" failed.
Note that I can connect to the same host using my Oneplus 6 Android phone just fine.

FYI, this is Huawei Mediapad T5 with 4Gb of RAM, running Android 8.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 27, 2020 6:07:05 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words!

Could you please double-check if you have specified the custom RU Server's address in the Viewer app? In order to do so in the mobile Viewer app, please do the following:
1. Select the connection in the list and click on the respective Information icon:
Android app does not use custom server on Huawei MediaPad T5 - 27 Mar 2020 06:00:58
2. Navigate to the RU Server section, enable the Use custom ID server button and specify your self-hosted server address:
Android app does not use custom server on Huawei MediaPad T5 - 27 Mar 2020 06:03:44

Please let us know if the RU Server's address is already specified but the issue still persists.
Mar 27, 2020 6:11:19 pm EDT
Hello Polina,

the connection was setup correctly. I'm using the exact same configuration with my mobile phone in fact. But for some reason, it does not try to connect via the custom relay on the Huawei tablet.
Mar 30, 2020 11:50:38 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please let us know if there are some apps installed on the Huawei mediapad T5 that might have some control over the network? In addition, could you please provide us the full mobile Viewer logs from the Huawei tablet for examination? You can locate it in the Viewer app -> Settings -> Error log and send it to us to support@remoteutilities.com.
Also please let us know if you have already tried reinstalling the app on the Huawei tablet.

Looking forward to your reply.
Mar 30, 2020 1:15:34 pm EDT

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

Could you please let us know if there are some apps installed on the Huawei mediapad T5 that might have some control over the network?

I've got  [censored] quicksupport installed.

In addition, could you please provide us the full mobile Viewer logs from the Huawei tablet for examination?

The log contains only lines in the form I've written above. No other log lines whatsoever.

Also please let us know if you have already tried reinstalling the app on the Huawei tablet.

Ok, here's the crazy part. I uninstalled your app, after uninstalling the teamviewerQS application. I then reinstalled RU and it worked just fine!

I'm really buffled why this happened. I can't reproduce the issue anymore.
Mar 30, 2020 5:21:55 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

Perhaps, there was some connectivity issue caused by the other app, for example, the app might have used the same port, etc. However, I'm glad to hear you've figured out the issue!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions. We're happy to assist.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)