New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] [Resolved] Jan 31 2023 DOWN!

Links used in this discussion
Manuel Lopez, User (Posts: 11)
Jan 31, 2023 11:29:52 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Problem is fixed for me, thank you Conrad.
jon otto, User (Posts: 13)
Jan 31, 2023 11:32:09 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I am now able to connect to Windows 10 and 8.1 hosts. Thank you.
Nijel Terry, User (Posts: 55)
Jan 31, 2023 7:57:55 pm EST
Would these problems have affected a self hosted RU server? I had some problems connecting to hosts the past few days but I think I figured it out that I was inadvertently exceeding the license limit by using my single PRO license on Linux Viewer to connect to my Windows PC which has the same PRO license to then connect to hosts using my self hosted server and shared address book. I just re-read the EUA licensing and realize I was probably not supposed to be doing that, and checking the logs on my server saw talk about licensing error exceeding limits or something like that and after logging out all but one computer from the shared address book that allowed me to connect to hosts again, so long as only one Viewer is in use at a time, although, I did notice by signing out of Linux Viewer I can still control the Windows Viewer PC with a direct LAN connection, so I can still use it the way I like to. My bad! I wasn't trying to break the rules on purpose, I just find the Windows Viewer is much more reliable at maintaining multiple host connections than the Linux Viewer is, and I prefer to use Linux so that's the only reason I was using the program that way.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 01, 2023 5:08:02 am EST
Hi Nijel ,

No, self-hosted server isn't affected in any way because it doesn't require our hosted service to work. It is a completely isolated/autonomous solution.

My bad! I wasn't trying to break the rules on purpose, I just find the Windows Viewer is much more reliable at maintaining multiple host connections than the Linux Viewer is, and I prefer to use Linux so that's the only reason I was using the program that way.

No worries ) You should just apply your RU license key in RU Server as described here. While any paid customer can still use RU Server in the "free mode" , registering it with their RU key will extend their allowed connections via that server (it will bring this number to that allowed by their RU license). So if you have a paid RU license and you use RU Server it's always a good thing to register RU Server as well.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)