Community

No service Sunday morning 2/20

Links used in this discussion
Khoi Nguyen, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 20, 2022 11:47:29 pm EST
Support level: Starter
Still not working here. It goes through a cycle of viewer saying the remote computer is online, fails to connect, viewer reports the remote computer is offline, then seconds later saying it's onlline again, rinse and repeat the cycle. I've verified the remote computer is working, I am sitting next to it. =)
Asaf Tevet, User (Posts: 19)
Feb 21, 2022 12:41:33 am EST
Working here in Australia now - connected to sample computers with no issues.
Tech Info, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 21, 2022 1:45:17 am EST
Still not working in Africa Ivory Coast
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 21, 2022 5:26:16 am EST

David Silvera wrote:

I was wondering what was happening why my PC was showing offline. Figured it was a connection to RU servers as my remote PC was up and connected and could connect directly via IP.

My PC just started showing online a few mins ago and I can connect just fine now using Public servers. I'm in the Caribbean.

Thanks Conrad. Could you explain what the issue was?

Hi David,

It was a regular Sunday maintenance but something went wrong. Our engineers managed to pinpoint the root cause and patch it before Monday.
Philip Dickason, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 21, 2022 6:50:16 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Still same in UK at 21st Feb 11:47 GMT
No service   Sunday morning 2/20 - 21 Feb 2022 06:49:48
Kind Regards
Paul Clemmons, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 21, 2022 10:45:52 am EST
If you were supposed to have fixed it, it isn't.  Still out in WA state at 7:47AM PDT
Attached Files
No service   Sunday morning 2/20
David Silvera, User (Posts: 16)
Feb 21, 2022 10:58:57 am EST
@Paul, @Philip,

Conrad said they turned off pinging for now. So don't use the pings as your sign that it's not working. Make sure to check your Viewer and see if your PC is online and if you can connect.

I can't ping their server, but mine has been working since they fixed it.
Philip Dickason, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 21, 2022 11:03:50 am EST
@David
OK Understood, but it is still not working here.  I have tried multiple machines with viewer installed and every host immediately goes offline, tries for 5 times and then about 5 seconds after the 5 tries then shows Online again.  Rinse and Repeat.
I have reinstalled the viewer and deleted all address book entries/license etc and makes no difference for now.
I hope it is fixed worldwide soon as I am not the only one with issues with this
Khoi Nguyen, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 21, 2022 11:28:07 am EST
Support level: Starter
I just tested it around 10am central time and it's working now. It sucks, but keep trying throughout the day.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 21, 2022 11:28:48 am EST
Hello Philip

Could you send us the Internet-ID codes of the Hosts that cannot be connected to (one or two IDs will be enough). You can send them to support@remoteutilities.com

I'm also asking everyone else who still has issues to do the same. The issue may have to do with one of our secondary servers so we'll be examining this more closely.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)