New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

No service Sunday morning 2/20

Links used in this discussion
Philip Dickason, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 21, 2022 11:58:30 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Emailed IDs to Support@
Thanks Conrad for investigating 👍
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 21, 2022 12:11:37 pm EST

Philip Dickason wrote:

Emailed IDs to Support@
Thanks Conrad for investigating 👍

Hi Philip,

It looks like you have version 6 and a free license key. In January we notified free license users that they should upgrade their installations to verison 7 before February 1, 2022. Then on 1 of February we provided a free upgrade key to extend the transition period for another two weeks. There is still a yellow stripe at the top of this website that notifies about the ugprade.

Here is a related discussion https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/forums/forum1/2147-free-license_-notification-near-the-system-tray-and-other-changes.

Your connection is not working because you should be on version 7.1.2 (on both sides) if you are using a free license.
Philip Dickason, User (Posts: 4)
Feb 21, 2022 3:08:51 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
@Conrad
That would be a plausible explanation apart from all the machines were upgraded to v 7.1.1.0 / 7.1.2.0 during January and were working up to the weekend with my 7.1.2.0 Viewer.
All machines were confirmed to be on at least 7.1.1.0 before I raised this so that I did not look silly posting on here.  (I did see this exact issue early last year when a Tech I know upgraded his client and did not upgrade any of his hosts).
Could there be any other reason for this error ?
I am waiting on screenshots from my clients to show they are running at least 7.1.1.0
kind regards
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 21, 2022 4:01:21 pm EST
Hello Philip,

Thank you for the clarification.

In this case, could you please provide us the full log files from one of the Host machines that you cannot connect to (the most recent file should be enough)? You can locate the Host logs in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\ and send it to us to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Nijel Terry, User (Posts: 55)
Feb 21, 2022 7:28:21 pm EST
Still can't connect to hosts using public RU server.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 22, 2022 8:17:41 am EST
Hello Nijel,

Thank you for your message.

In case if the issue still persists, please feel free to send us the latest Host log file that you can locate in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\ folder. You can send it to support@remoteutilities.com or create a ticket in the Ticket System and submit the log file there.

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)