New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 18, 2022 1:44:58 pm EDT
Hello Guy,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let us know what version of Remote Utilities is installed on your Host and Viewer machines running on Windows? If these Host and Viewers are not updated to the latest version 7.1.2.0 then the version mismatch is what might be causing the issue. In this case, please try updating your installation to the latest version as described here or by downloading the installers of the latest version on this page and running them manually.
In addition, please see if any of the solutions listed on this troubleshooting KB page helps to resolve the issue.

Please let us know if the issue persists.
Giuseppe Sciarra, User (Posts: 1)
Apr 13, 2022 8:27:07 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi I'm thinking of buying the starter license but... still missing che mac host and the viewer is still in beta, there is an eta when will be avaiable? or about...
Apr 13, 2022 4:04:03 pm EDT
Hello Giuseppe,

Currently an approximate ETA is by the end of the first half of this year. Please note that this is still just an approximate ETA. However, we're doing our best to make Host/Agent as well as the stable version of Viewer for Mac/Linux available for our users as soon as we can. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Michael Wigle, User (Posts: 12)
Apr 25, 2022 3:40:48 pm EDT
I have installed Version 1.0.11.q beta 11 and added my hosted RU server but when I attempt to login the dialog just goes away without any error or seeming without an attempt to authenticate and I remain signed out. Is there anyone else encountering this? Anything I can do to help debug this problem? Would love to be able to run the Viewer on my Fedora system.
Apr 25, 2022 5:05:08 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

Could you please clarify if the issue occurs when you click the Sign in button in your Viewer window or when you click the OK button in the "Sign in" prompt window?

Looking forward to your reply.
Apr 26, 2022 8:22:11 am EDT
Sure, when I click the Sign In button the dialog pops up and I populate all of the information and I have confirmed it matches what works on my Windows box. When I click OK the dialog goes away immediately and the Sign In button is still there as if I never signed in and I don't have access to my Address Book. I do notice at the bottom right corner what looks like some kind of a blue indicator appears for a split second but I can't tell you more than that because it's gone so quickly.
Apr 26, 2022 8:44:45 am EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for the clarification.

We will test this out in our environment to see if we’re able to reproduce the issue with Viewer for Linux.

I’ll get back to you with an update on the issue shortly.
Apr 26, 2022 4:40:49 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your patience.

It seems like we were able to reproduce the issue - I will now forward it to our development department and ask our devs to look further into it to see if we can fix it in the next update for Viewer for Linux. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll let you know if there are any additional updates on the issue.
Apr 27, 2022 9:01:13 am EDT
No problem. I'm just grateful you folks are willing to create a Linux version. I tried running the Windows version of the Viewer in CrossOver but ran into display issues. Being able to run it natively will be wonderful and I'm happy to assist in any way I can with the testing. I'm grateful for the affordability and capability of your product.
Apr 27, 2022 12:27:37 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your support!

We will keep everyone updated and will let you know as soon as the update with the implemented fix is available.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)