New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 16, 2020 3:06:43 am EST
Hello Mike and Nuno,

Just tested beta 6 in both modes - light and dark (as on the screenshot) - and couldn't reproduce the issue. The connection works and remote desktop is shown.

Could you please elaborate on what specific connection type you use (Internet-ID vs. Direct connection) and any connection properties that you changed from their defaults?

Also, as far as I can see you can authenticate successfully on the remote computer and connection shows as "logged on", correct?
Richard Stockton, User (Posts: 4)
Nov 16, 2020 6:09:55 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi, I am using a Mac with the Beta version as the remote viewer looking at a windows 10 host that has two screens.  I have a problem because the Mac remote viewer doesn't seem to allow the selecting of different monitors on each connection in the same way the windows remote viewer does as pictured.  
Your help would be much appreciated.
Attached Files
Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux
Nuno Porfírio, User (Posts: 3)
Nov 16, 2020 6:10:53 am EST
Hi Conrad,

Yesterday I managed to establish the connection. For me, everything was resolved.
Thanks anyway for the support…
Mike Nakhla, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 16, 2020 6:37:18 am EST
Hi Nuno, can I ask what you changed to get it to work? I’m still having the same issue unfortunately

Mike
Nuno Porfírio, User (Posts: 3)
Nov 16, 2020 6:50:34 am EST
Hi Mike,

Initially I waited for about 15 min and nothing happened. Then I closed and reopened the window, when it suddenly worked...

Then, I had to choose the option "Full Control" (and not "View Only") and it worked.

Try to close and open the window...
Emiliano Javier Colombo, User (Posts: 6)
Nov 16, 2020 9:57:03 am EST
Hi, i'm new on this forum, i'm having an issue with the latest beta for linux v1.0.6.b6, i am not able to transfer files remotely (perhaps i just can't find the option), i don't know if there is anyone with the same problem.
I was able to use the previous beta to transfer to and from without any problems

My notebook:
Manjaro Linux
Kernel 5.8.18-1

Thanks for reading
Vasilis Lourdas, User (Posts: 19)
Nov 16, 2020 10:55:35 am EST

Emiliano Javier Colombo wrote:

Hi, i'm new on this forum, i'm having an issue with the latest beta for linux v1.0.6.b6, i am not able to transfer files remotely (perhaps i just can't find the option), i don't know if there is anyone with the same problem.
I was able to use the previous beta to transfer to and from without any problems

To my knowledge, the Linux native client does not offer file transfer between the viewer and host. Are you sure about this?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 16, 2020 4:54:46 pm EST
Hello Emiliano,

Thank you for your message.

Vasilis has noted correctly in the message above - unfortunately, File Transfer connection mode is yet to be implemented in Viewer for Mac/Linux. You can see the full list of features available in Viewer for Mac/Linux as well as the features that are going to be implemented in subsequent updates here, in the very first message.

In case if you mean something else, please let us know.

Hope that helps.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Nov 16, 2020 5:38:40 pm EST
Hello Richard,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, multiple monitors support is not implemented in the Viewer for Mac/Linux yet. However, we plan to add it in the subsequent updates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In addition, please note that we have moved your question to another topic related to Viewer for Mac/Linux. In this topic, you can also find a full list of features currently available in Viewer for Mac/Linux, as well as the features that we plan to implement in our future updates - please see the very first message in the topic here.

Hope that helps.
Emiliano Javier Colombo, User (Posts: 6)
Nov 18, 2020 1:18:43 pm EST

Vasilis Lourdas wrote:

Emiliano Javier Colombo wrote:

To my knowledge, the Linux native client does not offer file transfer between the viewer and host. Are you sure about this?

I'm terribly sorry, i've just realized that i have been using it on Windows all this time, this is my first experience with the Beta version on Linux, sorry.
Thank you so much for replying.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)