Community

[ Closed ] Beta testing: Remote Utilities for Windows

Links used in this discussion
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 3013)
Aug 23, 2024 4:03:00 am EDT
Hello Cosmos,

Thank you for your questions.

1. The released version will remain 7.x. You will be able to upgrade for free.

2. Yes, of course.

Do not hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Aug 23, 2024 4:34:22 am EDT
Thank you for your fast and informative response Conrad!
Carlos Thomas, User (Posts: 19)
Sep 04, 2024 7:28:19 am EDT
Hi all. Loving the progress. Most questions answered thus far so no issues on my side while testing.

This may be by design - but the "simple update" function does not push the beta version to the remote systems. I have to manually connect and do the updates.

*EDIT*
Mouse buttons for back/forward don't work.

Improved text clipboard function - appreciate that.

File copy/paste doesn't work. Drag and drop files/folders seems to be improved.

*EDIT*
Android app still doesn't support address book.
Edited:Carlos Thomas - Sep 04, 2024 12:42:51 pm EDT
Sep 04, 2024 12:50:32 pm EDT
Hi Carlos,

Thank you for the kind words.

This may be by design - but the "simple update" function does not push the beta version to the remote systems. I have to manually connect and do the updates.

Yes, it is by design. This is to avoid accidentally pushing the beta to those who wouldn't want to participate in the beta testing.

Thanks for the feedback on other points. With regards to the mobile client - we'll do our best to implement this address book soon.
Carlos Thomas, User (Posts: 19)
Sep 05, 2024 11:05:17 am EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for the kind words.

No worries. I've preached RU to everyone I know - the software is excellent IMO. Just needs some more development for the connection speeds and such. I had sent suggestions for things to look into, but that's not for the forums. I'm looking forward to advancements as things progress. Will continue testing and advise of anything else that pops up.

I've upgraded a few systems to beta and my server is also running the beta. No issues thus far.

Keep up the good work!
Edited:Carlos Thomas - Sep 05, 2024 11:10:55 am EDT
Michael Heisler, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 12, 2024 7:03:59 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello everybody!
Found Remote Utilities only a few days ago and wanted to give it a try.
But while installing the host was not a big problem I couldn't find a way to install the viewer. As soon as the msi was unpacked it vanished from my computer without any message. Seems as if windows defender regards it as threat - but it doesn't give a hint that it did something.  
While searching for a solution I came across this beta.
And Tadaa! It works!
I have some problems when connecting to the "remote". The indication why a connection failed is a little poor. But after some retries finally I got connected. But then everything is fine. Working on the displayed desktop for one of my (yet) three remote machines is even better than directly. Really! Something is wrong with the USB mouse on this computer.
But I do not like that the connection is not established or freezes if the lid of the laptop is closed. For unattended remote access this is a bit hindering.
But besides that and up to now - good work!
Sep 12, 2024 2:32:24 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your message. We will look into the issue with the program freezing when the lid on the remote machine is closed.

As for the Windows Defender issue, there are MS Store download links on the download page. So both Viewer and Host can be downloaded from the official Microsoft store.
Michael Heisler, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 13, 2024 2:00:56 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Ok! Thank you!
Downloading was not the problem. It happened after unpacking.
I cannot open Microsoft Store (I do not why, has nothing to do with your link), so I cannot verify if the problem is solved via store
Sep 18, 2024 5:22:34 pm EDT
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the release of the final version 7.5.1.0. This beta discussion thread will now be closed. Please feel free to send your feedback and support requests by creating dedicated topics in this community.

You can download the new version from our website here. We look forward to your continued input to help enhance our software.

Thank you for your participation in beta testing!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)