New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Simon Rivet, User (Posts: 3)
Dec 19, 2020 4:17:47 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Polina,

Yes, sorry I forgot to specify : I'm using the Mac Viewer!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 21, 2020 1:49:56 pm EST
Hello Simon,

Thank you for the clarification.

We will additionally test this to see if we can fix the issue in Viewer for Mac in the next updates as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.

We'll keep you updated on the issue.
Dec 28, 2020 1:15:57 pm EST
Hello Simon,

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue with the arrow keys when using Viewer for Mac - the arrow keys always work as expected with various software. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Daniel Brown, User (Posts: 6)
Jan 21, 2021 1:21:41 pm EST
Is there a reason why today I am having issues connecting to any remote?  Latest Linux Client.  Windows clients are showing offline, but do connect eventually....

Clients are spread across 4 locations.
Edited:Daniel Brown - Jan 21, 2021 1:22:52 pm EST
Jan 21, 2021 2:20:26 pm EST
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your message.

Is there a reason why today I am having issues connecting to any remote?

Yes, unfortunately, according to our preliminary data, the connectivity issue might be caused by a DDoS attack. We're currently taking all necessary defensive measures to neutralize the attack.
Some minor connectivity issues might temporarily occur in the nearest time, however, we're doing our best to eliminate the issue completely as soon as possible, so the connectivity with our public servers goes back to normal.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
William Sharkey, User (Posts: 1)
Jan 24, 2021 11:12:12 am EST
Hi Conrad --

Lovely program.

I am using Mac Beta 1.0.6.q

It's very important for my purposes to be able to send function commands to the server. The keyboard shortcuts get in the way and I must use an onscreen keyboard, etc, which really slows me down.

The mac Beta doesn't appear to have this feature.

I was wondering if the feature is implemented but the UI screen for editing shortcuts is not included yet? In that case I can edit the XML config files files (Users/{username}/Library/Application Support/Remote Utilities Viewer [/config.xml or /address_books/general_ab.xml]). But I need to know the <tag names> to insert.

I'm assuming the shortcuts are just not implemented yet because adding it to the ui would be the easy part ;)

If you respond to this message I'll buy a license as I don't believe in free support. Thanks, Wm

~ edit
If you don't plan on adding shortcut customization to the Mac viewer in the short term, I would be just as happy to have an option to disable all remote-viewer shortcuts.
Edited:William Sharkey - Jan 24, 2021 11:22:14 am EST
Jan 25, 2021 1:03:15 pm EST
Hello William,

I was wondering if the feature is implemented but the UI screen for editing shortcuts is not included yet? In that case I can edit the XML config files files (Users/{username}/Library/Application Support/Remote Utilities Viewer [/config.xml or /address_books/general_ab.xml]). But I need to know the <tag names> to insert.

Yes, unfortunately, the Beta version has limited functionality and more features will be added at later stages. The full list of currently implemented features is available here.
Please note that Remote Utilities is provided on an "as is" basis and, unfortunately, we cannot provide tag names. Moreover, please note that editing configuration files might violate our EULA.

If you respond to this message I'll buy a license as I don't believe in free support. Thanks, Wm

Our technical support is free for all support levels, including Free License users. For more information please refer to our Support Policy.

If you don't plan on adding shortcut customization to the Mac viewer in the short term, I would be just as happy to have an option to disable all remote-viewer shortcuts.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll forward this feature request to our development department for a review to see if we can implement it in our future updates.

Hope that helps.
Sam Pinches, User (Posts: 3)
Jan 31, 2021 8:02:58 pm EST
Hello, the current Beta for Mac has expired (Feb 1st...) --- is there any ability to receive a newer version for testing please? Thanks.
Feb 01, 2021 9:17:01 am EST
Hello Sam,

This is to notify you that we've updated the Beta version of Viewer for Mac/Linux and extended the free license period until April 1, 2021. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In order to continue using Viewer for Mac, please re-download the updated Beta version with an extended license period from this page.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
8 Lettr, User (Posts: 6)
Feb 01, 2021 6:04:58 pm EST
Hello,

I am trying to use Viewer on Ubuntu 20.04. When trying to type in the IP address to connect to, the number pad on my keyboard doesn't work: it thinks NumLock is on but it is not. So I have to use the numbers above the letters on my keyboard.

Also, I cannot connect to some of the computers on my network. Some work, but some cannot connect. I get this in the terminal output. The first lines are related to the NumLock problem, and the rest are what happen when I try to connecting to computers that I cannot connect to. I have double-checked the IP addresses, and passwords, and tested connecting to them from other computers, and that works. But from this Viewer on Ubuntu it doesn't work.

Thanks a lot though for starting to support Linux!

Only C and default locale supported with the posix collation implementation
Case insensitive sorting unsupported in the posix collation implementation
Numeric mode unsupported in the posix collation implementation
"MakeConnection: Start"
"MakeConnection: Connection established"
"MakeConnection: security check - OK."
"MakeConnection: success"
TOpenSSLMsgTransportThread error: waitForEncrypted
delete TInvokeHelperTCPSocket
authThreadFinishedHandler
TViewerAuthThread
TViewerAuthThread destroy
TMyViewerAuth destroy

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)